Hacking Bought a Slim wondering if it is flash-able

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my friend bought a Slim 2 weeks ago,so he was wondering if it is flash-able as of now,the manufacture date behind the console is 7-16-12,its a 250gb Slim.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That late will be either a Hitachi 0502 or a 1175 lite-on. You can use an Xk3y with them, but you need to Glitch hack to retrieve the key first and to do that you have to be on a dash lower than 15574. If you insist on using the drive, then xecuter have a replacement pcb coming, same restrictions apply for now (Glitch hack + 15574 or lower). Although by the time you buy that + a hacked ihas burner (needed for burning xgd3 games), you may as well just grab the xk3y.

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That late will be either a Hitachi 0502 or a 1175 lite-on. You can use an Xk3y with them, but you need to Glitch hack to retrieve the key first and to do that you have to be on a dash lower than 15574. If you insist on using the drive, then xecuter have a replacement pcb coming, same restrictions apply for now (Glitch hack + 15574 or lower). Although by the time you buy that + a hacked ihas burner (needed for burning xgd3 games), you may as well just grab the xk3y.
I only the need the X3ky then,or do I need to flash the drive to play off the HDD through the X3ky,cause I know about the x3ky, thanks for your help,just let me know where I can get the X3ky and do I need my DVD drive Flashed through the reset glitch hack trick?I am sorry for the questions but can you just clear out how the X3ky works,cause I've been looking into buying one.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The xk3y is a drive emulator, you don't need to flash the drive to play games off a hdd with the xk3y. All you need is the xk3y and your drive keys and you are set. Drive keys cannot be gotten from the original dvd drive with those models, you have to use the glitch hack to retrieve them from the motherboard.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rumor:
c4e has said it is possible to dump the 1175 drive thou it hasnt been made public yet so you will have to sit back and wait like alot of us

When was that? If wasn't recent c4e clarified and said the key that was dumped was an AES key and not the drive key as originally thought and RGH will be needed.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dam, that sucks. I was holding out for an easier solution.

Wouldn't hold out too much hope. Hitachis have been around for ages and no key retrieval yet and

[2012-10-31 11:53PM UTC] #fw <c4eva> for 1175/1532 the dvdkey and realtime fw checks have been moved into the drive cpu, complicating things a bit!

1175 apparently has a cpu and key is in that, Microsoft aint playing around anymore.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TX has announced a replacement PCB for the drive iirc.

They have and it's still same deal. RGH for keys + their replacement pcb. Don't even need firmware dump, just keys and working for all slim drives apparently (or at least hitachi and 165DS). I guess it must be doing some kind of emulation, even though that was a criticism at xk3y (emulating hardware, not as accurate blah, blah).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.