Gaming Bought a new Vita, but it's on the 3.62 firmware.

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know could only hack 3.60 or less.

How many months will it have to collect dust in order to have that cool new hack?

I'm going to cry. I can't give it back.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think a new hack is being worked on man. For now just sit back, buy some games and enjoy what you'e got.

diowolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say it doesn't power on. If he tests it go "Huh, that's odd. But i'm not gonna risk it being faulty refund please"

Yeah, I don't think he'll fall for it.

He was a pretty smart guy and noticed I was getting it to hack it.

Now I'm marked.

It's basically useless now... Can't even use it to play PSP games.

I spent all my money on the freaking thing.

PS: It's not GameStop, it's a local video game store.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I don't think he'll fall for it.

He was a pretty smart guy and noticed I was getting it to hack it.

Now I'm marked.

It's basically useless now... Can't even use it to play PSP games.

I spent all my money on the freaking thing.
You bought it second hand? If so you really should've asked to check first. That's what i did. If its a store just go back tomorrow and hope its a different guy.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What kind of Vita is it? Unless it's a very very recent Japan import, no brand new Vita's are going to have a firmware higher than 3.52 on it. You probably bought a used Vita marked as new, in which case you could totally return it because of that.

Reactions: osaka35

Surgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Break out the precision Phillip head screw driver and disconnect the battery.Call it a day and return it and say wow man I got up this morning to play it and it's dead.It won't charge or anything...:D

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How many months will it have to collect dust in order to have that cool new hack?
It is unlikely that a native hack will coming in the next several months, if ever again. Maybe PSP mode if you're lucky, but the Vita is very secure and the existing hack is the result of years of work.

Sell it online. If you bought it at a decent price, you should be able to get 80~90% of the value selling it online, then just save up again until you can buy one on 3.60. (If hacks are that important to you. The Vita is fantastic in its own right, and is still worth owning if only for official games.)

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
waitwaitwait 3.62? Hold the flipping phone are you SURE the system said it was running 3.62 since as far as I know we went straight from firmware 3.61 to firmware 3.63. If that isn't just some typo and it's actually running 3.62 then that's kind of a big deal

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Unscrew it, cut a lcd ribon cable, take it back and say the screen doesn't work. They'll never know you opened it since there's no warranty sticker
OP, Please don't do this. Especially to a local game store. Tons of people here, me included, would love to just HAVE a local game store.
That is just scummy as all fucking hell because you didn't do your research about hacking your system.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...I didn't know that 3.62 was even released. Only way you fix it is if you get a new mobo, or buy a new vita with 3.60 or less.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Return it to the store and get one at pawn shop. Check the firmware there. Thats what we did years ago for PS3 jailbreak. :D

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Screenshot please? This is the first time I've heard of a 3.62. I know about 3.61 and 3.63 but 3.62 was never released online. If you can, can you also PM me the serial?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can just buy some cheap games until there's another hack if that's what you want.
There are tons of games costing less than 5€.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans