Hardware Bought A GameBoy Advance SP

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently bought a Gameboy Advance SP from someone. It's in alright condition. The thing is, the L and R trigger buttons are a bit used up. You hear very little "Click" sound when you press on them. I guess this is normal after years of use. I was wandering if there was a way to fix and "fresh up" the trigger buttons.

The battery is another option I'm looking at to replace. Also I would like to know if there is any online stores that still sell EZ-Flash IV with micro SD support.

Thanks

Summery:

-Bought a GBA SP
- Trigger buttons ("L" and "R" are a bit worn). Would like to find a way to fix the problem.
-Replaceable DIY battery?
-EZ-Flash IV online stores in stock?

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summery:

-Bought a GBA SP
- Trigger buttons ("L" and "R" are a bit worn). Would like to find a way to fix the problem.
-Replaceable DIY battery?
-EZ-Flash IV online stores in stock?

- gg
- Go a round of compressed air inside them. If that doesn't fix the problem, you should replace the little springs inside
- You will find batteries no younger than 5-6 years old. Buy one online from a trusted server and make sure that the mAh described is real and not fake
- I dunno lol

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Guys! I also was wandering, since it is the AGS-001 Model, if there is a good mod tutorial to make a back lite SP.

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I love to do with old GBA SP systems is to buy a new shell off of eBay to restore it to a like new condition. If you just want to fix the triggers, you need a tri wing screwdriver to open the system. You can then pop out the rubber clicker circle pieces in the trigger ports and slowly spray inside with compressed air to restore them.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You know where I can shop for PayPal. Im very skeptical on buying with credit cards with flash cart stores.
most stores for example nds-card.com will offer paypal but "privately" i mean, you have to ask them to pay via paypal.. because if they publicity show you can use paypal, nintendo hunts them down..
i can't really reccomend you a store, but i would try nds-card...

Reactions: WiiFit_Guy

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thought I would ask my question here since I already made a GBA thread. I hear that the EZ-Flash IV uses a battery. I hear you can leave it in the gba while charging to charge the battery as well. Though I know I'm not the only one here to say that losing progress of anything is a pain and fustrating (such as office word, excel work, game progress.)

Any way to have a trustful and realiable game cart save states? Thinking of buying a PSP go for emulation maybe.

Thanks

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, thought I would ask my question here since I already made a GBA thread. I hear that the EZ-Flash IV uses a battery. I hear you can leave it in the gba while charging to charge the battery as well. Though I know I'm not the only one here to say that losing progress of anything is a pain and fustrating (such as office word, excel work, game progress.)

Any way to have a trustful and realiable game cart save states? Thinking of buying a PSP go for emulation maybe.

Thanks
First, the battery in the ezflash iv is not rechargeable, only the first few revisions used a rechargeable battery. However, the battery will last a few years. My old Gameboy Pokemon cards (blue and yellow) still hold their saves as does my flash2advance from 2002.

Also, the ezflash iv will save games to the sd card when you power it on, so chances of losing saves is small. You can regularly back it up to your PC.

Reactions: WiiFit_Guy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs