Hardware Both Joycon working together as one controller on dolphin (no vjoy etc needed)

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get my Joycon working fully as one controller on Dolphin using the controller configurations provided :)

Basically if you rightclick one of the input buttons instead of left clicking, the configure control menu comes up, and you can swap device just for that individual button, which means you can set a/b/x/y/r/z/c-stick to the JoyconR while still use JoyconL for the other buttons :teach::toot:

988fc976c86bf9ea80a1c342637f2ad5.png

f907ec33a20523f9726dae0f3099050c.png

Last edited by swabbo,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah but the Pro controller is £60, the Joycon connect seperately so you normally can only play with one or the other, not both together B-)
Hmm yes, to bad you can't connect them both at the same time. Two different bluetooth adapter maybe.... hmmm.....

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm yes, to bad you can't connect them both at the same time. Two different bluetooth adapter maybe.... hmmm.....
The whole point of this and of vjoy method are to make the 2 joycons work as 1 controller, I think you missed the whole point. If you want to use just 1 joycon you don't even need to do anything.

Reactions: swabbo

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The whole point of this and of vjoy method are to make the 2 joycons work as 1 controller, I think you missed the whole point. If you want to use just 1 joycon you don't even need to do anything.

Yeah :wink: it sucks unless you wanna get down and play some retro gbc/gba or even nes/snes games (assuming people still play them) one Joycon is perfect for those systems, can even invite a friend :rofl2:

the_end_lawyer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hey i tried doing this but whenever i set it so it's a different controller it doesn't save and it counts as the controller set as the device not the one i set in in the right click menu

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, control sticks downgrade confirmed? meaning they are digital and are pretty much like the n64 joystick?
When paired to a PC normally, yes. It's possible to connect them in a way that the full analog range is available to use, which involves vJoy and some custom Joy-Con drivers that don't quite work for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte