Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
I can't wait! :wub:
Personally, I plan to get the "Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition"
The $100 "Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition" includes the game, Marcus Kincaid bobblehead, art book, stickers, digital comic and some unspecified DLC. There's also the "Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition", which includes all items previously mentioned, along with actual red loot chest box and other goodies.

Pre-ordering the game in any edition (even the plebby "standard") at "participating retailers" will also net access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic and the Mechromancer character class when the game's out.

Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition
10720a.jpg

Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition
10720b.jpg

Borderlands 2 Premiere Club
10720e.jpg

I personally have been looking forward to it since forever. I keep checking the scene release to check for a early leak. I plan on playing as Maya for my first run, Anyone here hyped as well? Preorder the game? What edition did you get? Want to give me the DLC codes? ...I didn't think so. :D
Awww... :sad:
I was planning to give away my codes, because I plan to get some extra....Oh, well....Then I just need to give them for someone else. :glare:

EDIT:
I pirated it. Downloaded it. And yes it's very good. I had to let someone borrow my controller, but as soon as I get it back I have to go to Sanctuary.
Ohh...You lucky bastard...why can't I have an Xbox360 :cry: Once I had an opportunity, but I saved my money for something else. Damn! :sleep:

EDIT2:
But why is this Hype thread so puny? Come on people, Pokémon games have bigger hypes, don't tell me that Pokémon is more awesome than this... :sad:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Damn >.< got a bad burn with my last Verbatim -.- did manage to play for a few hours though, it's pretty fun. Gonna have to pick some discs up sometime tomorrow.

My friend Sam also had that issue. Disc could not be read? Burned it at 6x. I myself am loving ODDEs.
Yep. Now it just won't read the disc at all. Not sure what happened.

Stupid you and your stupid ODDE :angry:

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait! :wub:
Personally, I plan to get the "Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition"

The $100 "Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition" includes the game, Marcus Kincaid bobblehead, art book, stickers, digital comic and some unspecified DLC. There's also the "Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition", which includes all items previously mentioned, along with actual red loot chest box and other goodies.

Pre-ordering the game in any edition (even the plebby "standard") at "participating retailers" will also net access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic and the Mechromancer character class when the game's out.

Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition
10720a.jpg

Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition
10720b.jpg

Borderlands 2 Premiere Club
10720e.jpg

I personally have been looking forward to it since forever. I keep checking the scene release to check for a early leak. I plan on playing as Maya for my first run, Anyone here hyped as well? Preorder the game? What edition did you get? Want to give me the DLC codes? ...I didn't think so. :D
Awww... :sad:
I was planning to give away my codes, because I plan to get some extra....Oh, well....Then I just need to give them for someone else. :glare:

Hey buddy old pal? How've you been? Great. So about that code thing. I'm all open for getting a code. :D (EDIT: PS3 USER!)

Aha.

Reactions: 1 person

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any of you are looking to hit the PC version somewhat hardcore for the first few days, drop me a line.

See this thread for details:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/334153-borderlands-2-launch-group-pc/

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys. Sign up at the below site, and link whatever service you use. This gives you 4 golden keys in game.

http://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home

(If you have a Xbox, you can login to your account using the Xbox. In the main menu go to Extras->Shift Key->Login. Then login, and wait for the confirmation message about the keys. Then go in game and you've got your keys.)

The golden keys allow you to unlock a golden chest in Sanctuary which gives you a random gun each time. However each gun is rare, and is overpowered to whatever level you are when you unlock it. There's only one chest, so you can use 4 keys 4 times. I did it once, and got two weapons at the same time. Enjoy.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a borderlands 2 hype?

Well this is news to me as I have no friends who even play the game other then me I think lol, as well as I don't know any one who's hyping over it..... I know im not and I liked the first one, though I have to admit I kinda don't like the story to this one.. I was hoping the next one would take place on anther world for anther chance to open the vault anther vault.. or maybe in the future of this one to have anther change to open the vault... but nope.....

So I plan to wait till the game hits 20 bucks or less on steam to buy it :P

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well this is news to me as I have no friends who even play the game other then me I think lol, as well as I don't know any one who's hyping over it..... I know im not and I liked the first one, though I have to admit I kinda don't like the story to this one.. I was hoping the next one would take place on anther world for anther chance to open the vault anther vault.. or maybe in the future of this one to have anther change to open the vault... but nope.....

So I plan to wait till the game hits 20 bucks or less on steam to buy it :P

There's another Vault in this one, and it takes place in the future. Definitely enjoying the game.

Love that they brought in a few chars from the first Borderlands. Fighting side to side with Lilth, or however you pronounce it. Was epic.

Reactions: 2 people

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having luck with the slot machines? They seem to give fairly worthless guns or a low amount of money. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Reactions: Rasas

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin... ya err I ment further in the future, don't remember how long but isn't around 100 years or more till the vault could be open again? I don't know just seems even more wrong if there was like a second vault there all this time. Kinda like makes the first one completely pointless in a way if there was... not 100% sure on the story for 2
I just know some guy aka the enemy opened a vault, rules the planet now. And has all four of the old characters locked up which are freeded one by one by the new characters.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My roommate got the ultimate bundle thing. I think he got ripped off honestly, didn't seem worth it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know I'm not and I liked the first one

I was struck by apathy (considering waiting for GOTY) as well but then I watched
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeV3-Adxcws

Anyway I have it ready to go by I think my main 360 is beyond me right now (actual fault in the HANA I think) so I will have to drag the other one back here and RGH it (got a chip ordered) which should be nice as that is a Jasper and less jackhammer levels of fan noise.

Edit- and four minutes ago the postman showed up. Looks like I get to play with hot air and fine pitch soldering.

Reactions: 1 person

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Eurogamer has now reviewed the game and given it a 9/10 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-18-borderlands-2-review

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Romania
My roommate got the ultimate bundle thing. I think he got ripped off honestly, didn't seem worth it.
If you're a collector, then it's well worth it.
The Ultimate Loot Chest Edition comes with:
  • A replica loot chest
  • An exclusive custom steel case for the disc
  • A vault hardbound book
  • A sticker set
  • A set of lithograph postcards
  • A cloth map
  • An authentic Marcus Kincaid Bobblehead with it's own vending machine box
  • A certificate of authenticity
  • A digital comic
  • A field note from Sir Hammerlock
  • A Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart
  • And of course the game disc
I mean what could you wish more for a mere 150$?

Of course not everyone would appreciate all this, but for a collector it's like a treasure, and will appreciate everything from the package. :D

EDIT:
Oh, and let's don't forget about the Premiere Club in-game content that you'll receive because you pre-ordered:
  • A golden key to open the mysterious golden chest which hides a rare weapon/item
  • A Gearbox weapon pack
  • The Vault Hunter's relic
  • And a new character class

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin... ya err I ment further in the future, don't remember how long but isn't around 100 years or more till the vault could be open again? I don't know just seems even more wrong if there was like a second vault there all this time. Kinda like makes the first one completely pointless in a way if there was... not 100% sure on the story for 2
I just know some guy aka the enemy opened a vault, rules the planet now. And has all four of the old characters locked up which are freeded one by one by the new characters.

Uh not at all. Jack AKA the bad guy is drilling to get the vault, after pretty much killing everyone in fyrestone and obtaining the new vault key. I've met one of the old vault hunter, and they weren't locked up at all and we fought together.

EDIT: woot. Game's officially out today. Time to snag a preorder code of eBAY. :DD

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're a collector, then it's well worth it.
The Ultimate Loot Chest Edition comes with:
  • A replica loot chest
  • An exclusive custom steel case for the disc
  • A vault hardbound book
  • A sticker set
  • A set of lithograph postcards
  • A cloth map
  • An authentic Marcus Kincaid Bobblehead with it's own vending machine box
  • A certificate of authenticity
  • A digital comic
  • A field note from Sir Hammerlock
  • A Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart
  • And of course the game disc
I mean what could you wish more for a mere 150$?

Of course not everyone would appreciate all this, but for a collector it's like a treasure, and will appreciate everything from the package. :D

EDIT:
Oh, and let's don't forget about the Premiere Club in-game content that you'll receive because you pre-ordered:
  • A golden key to open the mysterious golden chest which hides a rare weapon/item
  • A Gearbox weapon pack
  • The Vault Hunter's relic
  • And a new character class

It seemed kinda cheaply made though

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What... he's drilling... to get into the vault.... now its been a bit sense ive played the old one.... but im pretty sure the vault from the first game was in like a pocket dimension or something along that line of anther dimension. This coming from the fact it was not a door but a portal into the vault... as well as being told the final boss was immortal in its own dimension.....

I don't know this story still isn't adding up to me... some tiems I wish I had neuralizer from MIB to fix problems like these... :blink:

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Romania
So guys. Sign up at the below site, and link whatever service you use. This gives you 4 golden keys in game.

http://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home

(If you have a Xbox, you can login to your account using the Xbox. In the main menu go to Extras->Shift Key->Login. Then login, and wait for the confirmation message about the keys. Then go in game and you've got your keys.)
The golden keys allow you to unlock a golden chest in Sanctuary which gives you a random gun each time. However each gun is rare, and is overpowered to whatever level you are when you unlock it. There's only one chest, so you can use 4 keys 4 times. I did it once, and got two weapons at the same time. Enjoy.
I just installed the PC version and it's awesome! :wub:

The Physx are great and luckily I can play it with everything on max with an average of 60FPS. B-)
I played around with the files a bit, and I found a method for unlimited golden keys, but if you ask me it's a cheap way of getting golden keys....But I'm still wondering on what were they thinking by making it so obvious and easy to hack your golden key amount.:sleep: :rofl2:

I think that you require the Premiere Club DLC to be able to do it, but I don't really know.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pre-loaded finally! Hope all the pre order goodies are worth it ! 1st DLC for free yaaaaay.

Unlocks for the 21st here - for us international guys :( Maybe even more

Guys careful with them spoilers, this one seems to have at least some form of story to it :P

Who are you going to play through first? It's probably Zer0 for me - he seems to be the most challenging to play with so so be it :P

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Romania
Pre-loaded finally! Hope all the pre oder goodies are worth it ! 1st DLC for free yaaaaay.

Unlocks for the 21st here - for us international guys :( Maybe even more

Guys careful with them spoilers, this one seems to have at least some form of story to it :P

Who are you going to play through first? It's probably Zer0 for me - he seems to be the most challenging to play with so so be it :P
I started with Salvador. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end