Hacking BootMii NAND Backup Question

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here and I'm not sure where to place this, but I have a question concerning BootMii NAND backup:

So let me get this straight: With this, I can back up every single thing that is on my Wii? So I can back up the following:

-Wii Channels
-Wii Shop Channel Account
-Mii Characters
-Save Files (including online competitive games)
-Pay & Play
-Play History
-Wii Message Board
-Photo Channel
-Anything else I may have missed

Would I be able to restore all this stuff onto a brand-new Wii?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
making a nand backup is like saving a save state on an emulator, you will save everything in that moment so you can retrieve it back
usually a nand backup means every single thing inside the console memory is saved
but nand backup will not save things not outside the NAND, that means, IT WILL NOT save the sd card or stuff inside the wii mote (the miis which are in the wii mote for example)

if its a trully nand backup it will even save your wii internet browser ;)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, bootmii's NAND backup basically copies the entire Wii's memory. So if you ever restore it on that same Wii, the Wii will be EXACTLY as it was the day you made the backup. Note though, that with BootMii's NAND backups, you don't pick and choose what is backed up and restored. It's either all, or nothing. If you had to, you COULD use a third-party program to extract specific data from the backup, but that gets pretty advanced pretty quickly.

As for restoring your backup on another Wii, again, it is possible, but you will need to use a third-party program to convert the NAND backup from Wii #1 to work with Wii #2. I wouldn't really recommend doing this unless you absolutely have to, as stuff could go wrong. If you really want to though, then take a look at Giantpune's Wii NAND Tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1