Homebrew Bootmii and bannerbomb initiate wad loader now

unknownbeastie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whats going on, but I deleted my HBC after using the bannerbomb and bootmii. Now everytime I try to load the bootmii again to reinstall HBC it wants to install wad loader. I have formatted my SD card, but still nothing. I deleted HBC because after launching it, it wouldn't do anything but just be a black screen. I have been trying reading forums and messing around with it for like 3 hours now, and finally decided to post. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

unknownbeastie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I didn't know what I was doing at the time. Seemed pretty straight forward. But now I understand that it is kind of complicated. Can I download one somewhere? I don't care if I lose my save files.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
what is "wad loader" ? Wad Manager ?
and what do you mean exactly by "bootmii wants to install" ? BootMii and HackMii installer are two different things and if you formatted your SD, there is no way BootMii is going to do anything

PS: you cannot "download" a NAND dump, those things are not exchangeable between Wiis

unknownbeastie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya it is WAD manager. And I used Bootmii. I wanted to restart and try to use Yafaze's way of installing HBC (http://yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=113&st=0&sk=t&sd=a), but didn't get further than the first step because Loadmii wouldn't work because it wouldn't detect my Wiimote.

Is there something I can run through WAD manager?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I don't understand what you are doing, sorry

QUOTE said:
Now everytime I try to load the bootmii again to reinstall HBC it wants to install wad loader
what does this mean ?
Bootmii cannot install anything, it only allows you to load the HBC directly or backup your NAND.*
BootMii is installed by the HackMii installer, which comes as an .elf or .dol file you need to execute with BannerBomb exploit or with LoadMii (by excuting Loadmii first with BannerBomb)
HackMii installer cannot install anything else than BootMii, HBC and DVDX, it cannot install wad manager

Would you mind be more precise ? If you mean "executing" instead of "installing" and "LOadMii" instead of "BootMii", this makes more sense.
Maybe check that you didn't replaced the Hackmii installer .dol or .elf by the Wad Manager one. Since it must be renamed as boot.elf or boot.dol, it's very likely you overwritten the original one or messed up some files.

EDIT: just read the link you posted, this guide, like 100% of them is just useless crap, it does not speak about BootMii at all and does not even tell you why you need to install all these stuffs (how the hell could someone know what "BUL3g.wad" is lol, how can you put unknown stuff on your Wii without knowing a thing, that beats me)
You DO NOT need to install any IOS (cIOS or IOS35 or IOSwhatever) or downgrade to install the Homebrew Channel

unknownbeastie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, okay I got homebrew working again. All I want to do is just copy my games to my Hard drive, do I have to run the IOS35.wad and those files to be bale to do that or do or is only required if you want to do DVD playback? And if you guys feel like you are repeating yourself, maybe you have a thread dedicated to doing just this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8