Hacking bootmii.. always starts with Wii Startup?

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime I turn on my Wii now it turns on Bootmii.. which is annoying since I can't even use the wiimote with it.

Anyway to disable that?

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same problem here, I even tried changing the config file in the Bootmii folder on my SD..... I never knew protection was so irritating... kinda like safe sex

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? Just don't have the sd card in or take the bootmii folder off of it and it wont load at start...

Edit: I think you may even be able to just rename the bootmii folder to something else, but not sure on that.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess the solution lies in the config.ini.
You should be able to autoboot the wii into bootmii or sysmenu.

However, it doesn't seem to work as posted above. An other thing is, if the wii will autoboot into the sysmenu, how will you be able to access the bootmii menu when needed ?

There's no documentation on that particular issue. On the other hand, it's the first beta release and newer version will follow. Those might fix these issues.

But if anyone has managed to boot into the sysmenu and has a way to still access the bootmii menu on demand, please be kind and share it wiht us !

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:

However, it doesn't seem to work as posted above. An other thing is, if the wii will autoboot into the sysmenu, how will you be able to access the bootmii menu when needed ?

There's no documentation on that particular issue. On the other hand, it's the first beta release and newer version will follow. Those might fix these issues.

But if anyone has managed to boot into the sysmenu and has a way to still access the bootmii menu on demand, please be kind and share it wiht us !

With the config.ini you can have it autoboot to the system menu or into the homebrew channel. It's not a direct autoboot though. It will still load up bootmii first, but after 5 seconds of no input from the user it will autoboot whatever you set it to (sysmenu or hbc).

So all you have to do as mentioned above is rename the bootmii folder and it will go to the system menu with no bootmii menu at all and then just rename it back to bootmii when you need it again.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nabster92 said:
FRanatic said:

With the config.ini you can have it autoboot to the system menu or into the homebrew channel. It's not a direct autoboot though. It will still load up bootmii first, but after 5 seconds of no input from the user it will autoboot whatever you set it to (sysmenu or hbc).

So all you have to do as mentioned above is rename the bootmii folder and it will go to the system menu with no bootmii menu at all and then just rename it back to bootmii when you need it again.

Yeah, I figured as much.

Taking out the card, sucks imho, cause that would mean I have to actually stand up and walk aproxx 3mtrs to the console. Lazy as I am, that is not an option
wink.gif

I could live with the fact that it takes an additional 5secs before it redirects to the sysmenu. But I guess my wife will get confused at the sight of the bootmii menu. Resulting in a panic call to my cell-phone asking what to do... realising that when the connection is established, the wii is 'back to normal'. It's wrong to put a woman through that type of stress.
I'll just rename the /bootmii to /bootmiinotuntillyouchangemynamebacktobootmii

Thanks all !!

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, I'd tell her to chill the hell out that if something comes up for 5 seconds on the wii just ignore it, it'll boot into the health screen.

Or just don't keep bootmii on your sd card until you want to use it. OR if you REALLY don't feel like getting up, fire up filezilla, run ftpii, establish a connection and use ftpii to rename the bootmii folder to _bootmii via ftp.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
just rename the folder to Boobmii then change it back if you brick

exactly what i did (rename that is). simple, and if you ever have a problem, rename back to bootmii

exilizer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sorry for being a smartass, but I don't get the point why ppl just don't invest 4 bucks for a SD card dedicated for Bootmii and the nand backup only and put this somewhere in a secure place. You could put it back into the wii when it is needed. For Homebrew-Browser and stuff just use another Card... This way you don't have to worry about someone messing around with your sensitive NAND data. Life could be so easy, but people intend to complicate things artificially...

Just me 2 cents...
blink.gif

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
what's so difficult about setting it in the options file?

quite simply, because loading bootmii adds a good 8-10 seconds to my boot time, and once in bootmii, another 5 seconds before it loads the system menu (when autoboot is set to system menu).

when no bootmii folder is found, it boots straight into system menu. easy peasy and totally invisible to the end user. just the way i like it.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
0M39A said:
kedest said:
what's so difficult about setting it in the options file?

quite simply, because loading bootmii adds a good 8-10 seconds to my boot time, and once in bootmii, another 5 seconds before it loads the system menu (when autoboot is set to system menu).

when no bootmii folder is found, it boots straight into system menu. easy peasy and totally invisible to the end user. just the way i like it.

Well ok that makes sense. 10 + 5 seconds of waiting is long.
Fortunately, my sd card seems to be more compatible. It only takes 1 second to load bootmii and then comes the 5 second countdown. And sometimes I want to boot directly to hbc, so for me it's working great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: