Homebrew Boot9Strap/SigHax Install Success Rate

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used 3ds guide and it worked for me :)

Are we supposed to get a confirmation that it was successful installing? Because everything works and I didn't brick, so I basically took that as a confirmation.

tsi_turbo_tsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this supposed to happen when I press the luma fork? And is the luma updater not working anymore after installing boot9strap? :o
JfGVeLR.jpg

gLTReye.jpg
So I am having the same issue as LUCIXR. Someone told him to do what it says on the site where you download the new Luma Updater CIA and delete the .cfg file. On the site it also says you can change the first line. Like LUCIXR I don't have a lumaupdater.cfg file at all on my sd. So I get the he did which is the known issue but everyone else seems to have the file and can just delete it and its fixed and Luma will update.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having the same issue as LUCIXR. Someone told him to do what it says on the site where you download the new Luma Updater CIA and delete the .cfg file. On the site it also says you can change the first line. Like LUCIXR I don't have a lumaupdater.cfg file at all on my sd. So I get the he did which is the known issue but everyone else seems to have the file and can just delete it and its fixed and Luma will update.
LUCIXR's problem was that their internet was disabled, according to that picture. I'm trying to figure out why lumaupdater.cfg is giving people issues. For now, download the lumaupdater.cfg from the my Luma Updater repo and place it on the root of your SD card or don't use the lumaupdater.cfg at all.

tsi_turbo_tsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LUCIXR's problem was that their internet was disabled, according to that picture. I'm trying to figure out why lumaupdater.cfg is giving people issues. For now, download the lumaupdater.cfg from the my Luma Updater repo and place it on the root of your SD card or don't use the lumaupdater.cfg at all.
Not using one gives you an error when you try to update Luma with the Luma Updater. I would love to try and use yours. Can you tell me how to download it from your repo? and thank you for the help!

tsi_turbo_tsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not using one gives you an error when you try to update Luma with the Luma Updater. I would love to try and use yours. Can you tell me how to download it from your repo? and thank you for the help!
So after thinking about that last comment and reading the others I decided I will switch to my Hotspot on my phone for Internet. I am at a hotel and for some reason maybe it will not work on there network. I am going to try that. Still find it strange that I have no lumaupdater.cfg. Does that get made after the first update?
@tsi_turbo_tsi Be sure to change the first line to "payload type = SIGHAX". It's "sighax" on the Github for the next update, which will allow for either "SIGHAX" or "sighax" to be used there.
Thanks. So after thinking about that last comment and reading the others I decided I will switch to my Hotspot on my phone for Internet. I am at a hotel and for some reason maybe it will not work on there network. I am going to try that. Still find it strange that I have no lumaupdater.cfg. Does that get made after the first update? Or should it just be there after you install the new updater? If changing internet doesn't work I will try your .cfg file.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after thinking about that last comment and reading the others I decided I will switch to my Hotspot on my phone for Internet. I am at a hotel and for some reason maybe it will not work on there network. I am going to try that. Still find it strange that I have no lumaupdater.cfg. Does that get made after the first update?

Thanks. So after thinking about that last comment and reading the others I decided I will switch to my Hotspot on my phone for Internet. I am at a hotel and for some reason maybe it will not work on there network. I am going to try that. Still find it strange that I have no lumaupdater.cfg. Does that get made after the first update? Or should it just be there after you install the new updater? If changing internet doesn't work I will try your .cfg file.
As I said before, I'm trying to figure out what's going on with it and why people are having issues with it, so I cannot accurately tell you that right now.

tsi_turbo_tsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Glad everyone is so friendly and fast to help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As I said before, I'm trying to figure out what's going on with it and why people are having issues with it, so I cannot accurately tell you that right now.
Well switching to my phones hotspot worked. It updated without issue. But I checked to see if that created a lumaupdater.cfg and it didn't. So I am still curious but at least I got that problem solved. So all up to date. Thanks for the help and talking this problem out with me. Must have been something with the hotels network that kept the updater from reaching the server ??? But thank you! If you figure out why I still have no .cfg file that would be nice too. Lol. I know at this point it does not matter much. I was expecting to find it there after the update.

Reactions: sleepymanakete

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Glad everyone is so friendly and fast to help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well switching to my phones hotspot worked. It updated without issue. But I checked to see if that created a lumaupdater.cfg and it didn't. So I am still curious but at least I got that problem solved. So all up to date. Thanks for the help and talking this problem out with me. Must have been something with the hotels network that kept the updater from reaching the server ??? But thank you! If you figure out why I still have no .cfg file that would be nice too. Lol. I know at this point it does not matter much. I was expecting to find it there after the update.
Yeah, that's a work in progress. If I can't figure it out, I'll just link people to the .cfg that's been uploaded.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's two systems in as many days. My New 3DS XL is now running Boot9Strap. Didn't really like the thought of being left behind the next time there was a Luma update. (I better not have to update to some wacky new firmware a year down the line. Feh.)

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am pretty sure the reports in the OP are false positives, but if anyone has actually bricked from installing Boot9strap please PM me. (This shouldn't actually be possible, but.)
Seconding that. By now, SafeB9SInstaller and boot9strap had > 20,000 downloads each. We had zero reports about bricks, and @Plailect didn't have any either.

If you think you legitimately bricked using SafeB9SInstaller or boot9strap (you're most likely wrong), contact us (pm, for example is okay). @Lia - maybe you can add a note with our contact details to the op? Also, to be fair, you could add @derrek, too.

Last edited by d0k3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end