Book series/franchises you are waiting for the next entry in?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do try to make self explanatory topic titles.

Anyway I started putting books and audiobooks on my PSP and then set up a computer (nowadays a laptop) for reading books in bed. To that end I have gone through more fiction books in the last year or so than I had in the previous several. However that also means I am not waiting for five or six authors to squirt out the newest book in a franchise.

The vast majority of such books have been sci fi/fantasy but hey. I also find myself rarely ever reading prequels, 20 years on sequel series, side stories or anything like that. This does mean I have dropped The Prince of Nothing (though I do have the next one in paper form), Joe Abercrombie's The First Law, Michael J. Sullivan's The Riyria Revelations and The Black Magician/Kyralia by Trudi Canavan. This despite every single one of those seeing me stay up until it starts getting light reading them. I am not sure why I do this and there is a kind of exception for Brandon Sanderson books, I am guessing it was because I got more used to reading the massive 15 book epics from earlier authors when I was young and he does different series but that are still interconnected in various ways.

It is fairly safe to say most of us are probably waiting for the next Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire book. I did intend to read along with the TV series but that plan fell by the wayside fairly early on.

A Sword of Shadows. http://www.goodreads.com/series/40615-sword-of-shadows Never read the previous series but thought I would do this one. 2010 was apparently when the last book was released (previously they appeared at a rate of about every 3 years) and not an awful lot has been said since.

Gentleman Bastard. I was recommended The Lies of Locke Lamora and it was great, the next ones I found to be quite amusing but perhaps not as good/tight. Does not mean I will not be there day one for the next.

The Kingkiller Chronicle. Name of the wind was something I enjoyed quite a bit, people seem really down on the next one though.

Demon Cycle. The Painted Man/The Warded Man was quite amusing and had an interesting world/magic system that is slowly being explored.

Reactions: Satangel

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
+1 for Game of Thrones. Re-reading and re-watching the series in anticipation for Season 5 coming up.

Also 1+ for the next Kingkiller book, I just finished the second book a couple weeks ago and it was...ok. The first one was definitely nice, though.

Reactions: Satangel

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GoT of course, thread is made for that book :P

Otherwise not really waiting on a book, though I haven't read anything of the books you've mentioned, I recognize the names/series but I just haven't got to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello