Hacking Boo9strap prevents blue screen brick?

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since boot9strap hijackes (not sure if I spelled that right)the bootrom to give us access to arm9 and arm11 will we be able to save us a hardmod from a bluescreen bootrom brick?since boot9strap starts milliseconds after pressing the power button will we be safe?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nope b9s doesn't bypass/hijack the bootrom, the bootrom still runs as normal but it is tricked into thinking specific signatures are legit, so if for example you screw up your nand ncsd header then you still get a blue screen

But as mentioned above the ntrboothax/magnethax solution should bypass any type off brick short of hardware failiure

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope b9s doesn't bypass/hijack the bootrom, the bootrom still runs as normal but it is tricked into thinking specific signatures are legit, so if for example you screw up your nand ncsd header then you still get a blue screen

But as mentioned above the ntrboothax/magnethax solution should bypass any type off brick short of hardware failiure
OK thats cool to know thank you

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
BTW, if you uninstall B9S with a wrong step, you'll get a true blue-screen brick.

The correct step is:
1) Dump NAND.bin
2) Use Hardmod B9S Tool to restore firm0firm1.bak into NAND.bin
3) Restore modified NAND.bin

DO NOT divide firm0firm1.bak into firm0 + firm1 and restore the separated files with GM9 or you'll be blue-screen bricked guaranteed.

Last edited by MelonGx,

jimmyj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BTW, if you uninstall B9S with a wrong step, you'll get a true blue-screen brick.

The correct step is:
1) Dump NAND.bin
2) Use Hardmod B9S Tool to restore firm0firm1.bak into NAND.bin
3) Restore modified NAND.bin

DO NOT divide firm0firm1.bak into firm0 + firm1 and restore the separated files with GM9 or you'll be blue-screen bricked guaranteed.
thanks for telling me but i don't see the point to uninstall it (for me because my 3ds is an old model so they won't accept repairs anyway)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more