Gaming Bloodborne & Souls Series Discussions

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I was 122 iirc but I did absolutely everything in my first run.

I'm level 69 (Arcane) in ng+, hitting the Cleric Beast and doing minimal damage with my +10 Ludwig's Holy Blade.

I've got a level 41 (Strength) too ready for ng+, gonna have to level him up some before the next run.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm level 69 (Arcane) in ng+, hitting the Cleric Beast and doing minimal damage with my +10 Ludwig's Holy Blade.

I've got a level 41 (Strength) too ready for ng+, gonna have to level him up some before the next run.

>Arcane

There's your problem. Arcane is absolutely garbage in Bloodborne, unfortunately. The items/spells do too little damage to be useful and Arcane scaling is hilariously bad with every single weapon. You'd be better off switching to...well, anything else really.

As for levels, I haven't leveled up beyond 75 on any of my characters, but that's because I use them for PvP...

NG+ is, unfortunately, pretty junk as well so I never bother to go. It adds almost absolutely nothing new to the game and simply increases health and damage of enemies and bosses.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
>Arcane

There's your problem. Arcane is absolutely garbage in Bloodborne, unfortunately. The items/spells do too little damage to be useful and Arcane scaling is hilariously bad with every single weapon. You'd be better off switching to...well, anything else really.

As for levels, I haven't leveled up beyond 75 on any of my characters, but that's because I use them for PvP...

NG+ is, unfortunately, pretty junk as well so I never bother to go. It adds almost absolutely nothing new to the game and simply increases health and damage of enemies and bosses.

Yeah that's the impression i'm getting with Arcane, putting all them levels into it for poor results from spells when they'd be better going elsewhere.

I went to ng+ for two reasons:

1. I really enjoy playing the game

2. For the challenge, just didn't expect it to be so challenging.

Just beat BSB, took me two attempts, i'm just surprised on how the bosses in ng+ are so solid, or maybe it's just me being under-levelled. i'm just surprised on how i'm dealing out minmal damage, making every boss fight a marathon.

The difference in ng+ in BloodBorne as opposed to Dark Souls has really surprised me, yeah i know i shouldn't compare the two but being made by the same company you just do.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Beat Vicar Amelia today. I'm what? A third through the gaem now? :lol:

Depending on the ending you're going for and the optional bosses you want to kill, you might even be less than that :lol:

On an unrelated note, I'm gonna have to lower my own initial rating of "90/100 best game :tom:" to something like..."85/100 still great game :tom:" After attempting to PvP and Co-op in different areas, I've noticed there are at least 4 or 5 entire sections of the game that run at a shitty unstable FPS when there's more than one player character in the world, which is incredibly silly for a game already capped at 30fps. I know From Software has consistent issues with keeping stable framerates in certain areas, but at this point I feel like they should've learned by now how to avoid shit like this. It's still easily the best singleplayer game I've played in the past couple years even, but beyond that...

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Lol I just got to the Black Gulch in DaSII and the level fucking sucks!
The reason I think DaSII is the worst game is that I'd rather run through a lot of areas instead of fight everything, that design is on them. Sure it's a big game with a lot of content but it just feels off. I intend to plat it tho lol, hopefully before WItcher 3 is out!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lol I just got to the Black Gulch in DaSII and the level fucking sucks!
The reason I think DaSII is the worst game is that I'd rather run through a lot of areas instead of fight everything, that design is on them. Sure it's a big game with a lot of content but it just feels off. I intend to plat it tho lol, hopefully before WItcher 3 is out!

I hated Black Gulch because of how incredibly small it is :( You could go through the entire thing in like 2 or 3 minutes >.<

The singleplayer in Dark Souls 2 was pretty meh, probably the "worst" out of all the Souls games (though the DLC greatly improved on that part). But I think that's because they spent more time working on the multiplayer aspect rather than the singleplaye, DS2 PvP is still the absolute best out of all the games. Basically the opposite of what they did with Bloodborne :lol:

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I had to go to another area it was making me angry lol I finally got down the hill past the million poison statues and ugly bug things and then not 1 but 2 Dark Phantoms spawned! Yeah fuck this place cheap as hell.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I had to go to another area it was making me angry lol I finally got down the hill past the million poison statues and ugly bug things and then not 1 but 2 Dark Phantoms spawned! Yeah fuck this place cheap as hell.

That shit is easy though >.> You can literally run through the entire area, dodging the poison and shit and get to the boss in like 30 seconds. The 2 phantoms are just NPCs added with SOTFS, but half the time they just turtle behind their shields, you can just guard break them and riposte them once or twice until they die >.> But even then you don't have to kill them, you can just run through the boss fog. They give you shit for souls, and don't drop items >.>

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
That shit is easy though >.> You can literally run through the entire area, dodging the poison and shit and get to the boss in like 30 seconds. The 2 phantoms are just NPCs added with SOTFS, but half the time they just turtle behind their shields, you can just guard break them and riposte them once or twice until they die >.> But even then you don't have to kill them, you can just run through the boss fog. They give you shit for souls, and don't drop items >.>
The area is definitely stupid easy to blitz through. The poison was a little annoying, but at the same time, it's easy just to keep the moss equipped and quickly heal up right after entering the boss room. The boss is pretty simple as well, almost stupidly so if you have any decent ranged attacks, and still relatively easy attacking purely melee.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The area is definitely stupid easy to blitz through. The poison was a little annoying, but at the same time, it's easy just to keep the moss equipped and quickly heal up right after entering the boss room. The boss is pretty simple as well, almost stupidly so if you have any decent ranged attacks, and still relatively easy attacking purely melee.

You don't need range at all, you can just circle around him, roll through his attacks, and R1 for days. Can't touch you unless he does his AOE, but 9 times out of 10 you should be able to kill him before he even can, and if he does do it you can just roll back one or twice and be fine. I think you can roll through the AOE, too, assuming you actually get your agility stat to 100 and you aren't disgusting fat rolling.

Now that I think about it, that's pretty much the same thing you can do for a majority of the big huge bosses :unsure: (Sans DLC bosses, they're smart :sad:)

EDIT: Oh, and now we're really off topic, so unless we want to make a dedicated DS2 discussion thread somewhere, we should probably get back to Bloodborne things...lol

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

I get that you can run past everything but what's the point in that? This is what I meant before when I said I'd rather run instead of fight, that's bad design imo. Sure on ng+ or whatever I'll run but in DeS, DaS and BB I killed everything in the game. In this DaSII I don't think it's as viable. I'm about to kill the Spider Boss now anyway then will go back to the Gulch.
Yeah sorry for off-topic! I could edit the title I guess to Souls discussions or whatever lol

-EDIT-
Made the phantoms suicide lol

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me a couple runs of black gulch to finally clear it, I also really hated it. At least the boss there is easy as hell though, you can literally just stay behind his elbow and he'll never hit you :lol:

Wish I could play bloodborne, but no PS4 yet, so i'm just here for the dark souls stuff :P

Reactions: T-hug

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
After playing the DLC it's kind of changed my mind about DaSII, I really like it now and the amount of gear in it is awesome. As much as I loved playing through Bloodborne I can see why die hards have left it already, there isn't enough for PvP or NG+, hell I didn't even really bother with NG+ and still got the plat (save scummed the endings).
I hope they are working on a HUGE DLC for BB but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't much added for PVP and instead there is some new title in the works for all platforms (£$€).

Reactions: chavosaur

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Souls PVP is pretty sweet, I've tried it a couple times myself now, and it's brutally entertaining and very tense.

Also just started Bloodborne last night. Picked the Pimp Cane because the crowd control is amazing, and I'm already LOVING the fast paced gameplay.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
MxuVXGR.jpg
Say hello to Baby Cakes, my newest glorious creation to make people cry.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat the Cleric Beast today! And made it to Father GasCan, got fakked there. Really tired so I'll play around against him tomorrow sometime.

Also killed giant piggy. I know he's not the big a deal, but I thought everyone should know about the giant bacon I was able to enjoy.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Beat the Cleric Beast today! And made it to Father GasCan, got fakked there. Really tired so I'll play around against him tomorrow sometime.

Also killed giant piggy. I know he's not the big a deal, but I thought everyone should know about the giant bacon I was able to enjoy.

Don't worry, you'll be fisting a good number of piggies in the future :teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer