Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Insight

I finally beat Father G lol was so awesome. My best attempt was the very first time I tried him, after another 10 attempts I ended up using oil and a molotov and one charged R2 and it was over!
Lv.25 now but I kind of don't want to move on I still don't have the music box and probably some other really well hidden goodies.
Game is too good I can't wait to see whats in the guide when it comes out in a few weeks.

EDIT

31/3
Today I beat the Vicar which was awesome, the music is so good! I dunno how far I am but I don't want it to end lol. Coop is hit and miss, some areas I can coop a ton np and others it doesn't work ever. I like to coop in a new area to learn as much as possible before advancing my own world so as to not mess up and know what to expect.

EDIT
1/4
Beat the damn Witches, didn't die once in that whole area, now I don't really know where to go..

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Watched this film again last night, for about the 10th time, cant help but think that this music from Donnie Darko should be in Bloodborne, is a perfect fit!

There is actually a song or two in the game that sounds very similar to this :lol:

Along with a creepy baby lullaby which makes a certain boss fight great :lol:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna rant here about how shitty they made PvP, cuz holy fuck it's bad.

It's not like pace or whatever or the weapons, none of the mechanics are overly OP in the game...sans healing. In Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, invaders weren't able to heal besides using spells and generally healing was sort of a "shit lord" thing to do for people who mean to PvP. The people being invaded could heal, but it was so easy to punish that most people just didn't bother (or only new players who don't know what they're doing would and would get insta-punished).

In Bloodborne, none of the above is true. Invaders and those being invaded can heal. Heals are near-instant and are almost impossible to punish. From Software did add some bullshit heal parrying, but due to latency it's nigh impossible to do, it's like they only tested it with NPCs with no lag. Now, dueling went from being generally based on your skill of the game to "who can run out of healing items first XDXDXDLELELELE" which is entirely bullshit. It'd be like playing Call of Duty online where enemies can just insta-heal in front of you while you shoot and you can't do anything about it.

Fights that should last for a minute or 2 last for like 10 minutes because players will just back away and heal. It's the same reason Demons Souls PvP was utter horse shit.

If they could fix that bullshit and make it so heals have longer animations or so there's a limited amount of heals you can do in a PvP fight, or fuck, even adding in a dedicated PvP arena, that'd be great, PvP might end up better than Dark Souls 2's, but the way it is now is just...garbage.

Another thing that irks me is that when you're invading, your health as an invader gets chopped in like...a half or a third or something which makes...almost no sense. It's like they want people to focus more on the singleplayer of Bloodborne than the PvP, which is...totally fine, but makes the game lose a lot of it's replay-ability to me and a lot of others.

I know in general PvP for the Souls games are always garbage the first few weeks or so and takes a few patches to come out before it's tolerable, but I feel like if they don't fix much of this bullshit I'm just going to go back to PvPing in Dark Souls 2 and Scholar of the First Sin.

On a side note, @Foxi4 I know you're doing a review of Bloodborne but I don't know how much PvP you do, so if you'd like you can add this to your review as a small "collab" from someone who faps over Souls.

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only thing I got out of that was Fap Souls

Jk, that sucks,I know my friends who play DS have a ton of fun invading and stuff. Its too bad they broke it again. BB was supposed to be this shining pinnacle of the souls series and they should be learning from their mistakes.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I got out of that was Fap Souls

Jk, that sucks,I know my friends who play DS have a ton of fun invading and stuff. Its too bad they broke it again. BB was supposed to be this shining pinnacle of the souls series and they should be learning from their mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the game is amazing and the singleplayer is a fuckton better than all the other Souls games, it's just the PvP that got backseated :(

EDIT: If I had to attribute a number to the game, it'd still be like 90/100

Reactions: BORTZ

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tom Bombadildo I don't think this is a problem. Blood Vials are an integral part of the single player section of the game, I don't see why they should be restricted from the multiplayer. If you learn to strategize with the vials, taking them away from the player in multiplayer is unfair and pointless. That, and combat that takes 10 minutes has more weight and requires more skill than combat that's resolved within 2 minutes. That, and if you make a character that's focused around firearms, you require vials - you can use them to replenish your ammunition. Hell, there's runes dedicated specifically to increasing the amount of vials - their efficient use is a part of in-game strategy. tl;dr this ain't Dark Souls, it doesn't have to be and I'd argue that it's better.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In Bloodborne, none of the above is true. Invaders and those being invaded can heal. Heals are near-instant and are almost impossible to punish. From Software did add some bullshit heal parrying, but due to latency it's nigh impossible to do, it's like they only tested it with NPCs with no lag. Now, dueling went from being generally based on your skill of the game to "who can run out of healing items first XDXDXDLELELELE" which is entirely bullshit. It'd be like playing Call of Duty online where enemies can just insta-heal in front of you while you shoot and you can't do anything about it.

Welp, there's a few effective ways to punish them, namely cannon and/or numbing mist.
Visceral if they're not healing regularly...

But yeah, the PvP isn't as solid this time around...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Tom Bombadildo I don't think this is a problem. Blood Vials are an integral part of the single player section of the game, I don't see why they should be restricted from the multiplayer. If you learn to strategize with the vials, taking them away from the player in multiplayer is unfair and pointless. I don't so much want to take it completely away that I do want to remove the instant heal, there's virtually no "strategy" involved in getting beat to shit, running away, then hitting triangle like it's your job cuz you don't want to lose a duel that, 70% of the time, you initiated. That, and combat that takes 10 minutes has more weight and requires more skill than combat that's resolved within 2 minutes. No, no it doesn't. I asume you've never PvP'd much in the Souls game, or Bloodborne either, but it doesn't require "more skill" when facing someone who has to spam blood vials because they're terrified of losing 2k blood or whatever. See an example in the link I'll post below this quote That, and if you make a character that's focused around firearms, you require vials - you can use them to replenish your ammunition. 99 times out of 100 you won't ever use more than 20 bullets in a PvP fight unless you're simply spamming because you don't know what you're doing. Hell, there's runes dedicated specifically to increasing the amount of vials - their efficient use is a part of in-game strategy. And those runes apply more to PvE than PvP tl;dr this ain't Dark Souls, it doesn't have to be and I'd argue that it's better.
See bold parts cuz Tom BombaLazy.

http://www.twitch.tv/scottjund/v/3972863 < You can see a good 3 hours of why PvP is retarded bullshit in this video, but you can skip to about 58 minutes in for super retarded shit, and 2:11:00 to see the average PvP fight. Running away and healing like a child isn't any kind of "strategy" or "skill", it's childish and a waste of time. I don't feel like spending 10 minutes wailing on someone who doesn't know how to play the game and substitutes actual skill with "OH NO I'M ALMOST DEAD BETTER RUN AND HIDE MAYBE I'LL KILL HIM AFTER I HEAL 20 TIMES :cry:". It's not fun in any sense of the word.

I would even settle for just an Arena that acts in the same vane of DS2, but until then PvP is straight garbage to people who actually PvP in Souls games.

EDIT: Oh good, here's a video of the actual fight to see what I mean.

Welp, there's a few effective ways to punish them, namely cannon and/or numbing mist.
Visceral if they're not healing regularly...

But yeah, the PvP isn't as solid this time around...

The problem though is healing is so quick, you can't even get a shot off of a regular gun let alone a cannon that will hit them before they can dodge away, and 99% of the time you can't even charge at them and hit them in time to stop it or even just punish them a little.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tom Bombadildo Strategic retreat isn't strategy? Since when? Besides, you have ranged weapons - use them. Shoot, throw a molotov, there's loads you can do to kill off a fleeing foe. I don't think PvP is broken, I think it's different and you have a problem adapting because you carry over your DS strategies and childish code of honor that doesn't apply in this game. If I get the option to heal, I sure as shit will lol.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Tom Bombadildo Strategic retreat isn't strategy? Since when? Besides, you have ranged weapons - use them. Shoot, throw a molotov, there's loads you can do to kill off a fleeing foe. I don't think PvP is broken, I think it's different and you have a problem adapting because you carry over your DS strategies and childish code of honor that doesn't apply in this game. If I get the option to heal, I sure as shit will lol.
What, use my range weapon that does 15 damage and doesn't stun or do anything? Throw a molotov that anyone can dodge if they've played the game for 5 minutes? There's nothing substantial you can do to punish anyone for running away, and that's retarded.

But we'll have to agree to disagree, there's nothing you can say that will change the fact that virtually anyone who PvP'd in previous Souls games thinks the PvP in Bloodborne is just shit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What, use my range weapon that does 15 damage and doesn't stun or do anything? Throw a molotov that anyone can dodge if they've played the game for 5 minutes? There's nothing substantial you can do to punish anyone for running away, and that's retarded.
Molotovs have an Area of Effect, y'know. Besides that, you may dodge one or two - you won't dodge a couple before your stamina runs out. That and dodging immediately stops the healing process and your enemy has to gather his bearings before trying again - this is your opportunity. If your gun does 15 damage then you have a shit gun and you should either level up the weapon or the associated skills. You're sounding like one of those players who Min/Max their characters (Giants 'fo lyfe 360 Pro MLG 3Stylez) just to be insanely good at one thing neglecting anything else and you're surprised that you can get "outgunned" by a balanced character that's relatively good at everything.
But we'll have to agree to disagree, there's nothing you can say that will change the fact that virtually anyone who PvP'd in previous Souls games thinks the PvP in Bloodborne is just shit.
I don't see the word "Souls" in Bloodborne anywhere. Sure, it's obviously a spin-off of the same rules board, but that doesn't mean that From Software can't ever try anything new or different. Like I said, to me, a 2 minute PvP match carries no weight wheras a 10 minute one is an actual struggle. That, and you're acting like this is imbalanced when both characters benefit from potions, nothing's stopping you from healing yourself up in a pinch and it logically makes sense. There is no reason not to heal your character in combat - if you're low on health, you heal - it should be an immediate reaction in any game, not just Bloodborne. I don't understand why it's so outlandish to realize that a Dark Souls-like game doesn't play like a carbon copy of Dark Souls, you keep projecting one game onto the other.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Molotovs have an Area of Effect, y'know. You can dodge it, but that immediately stops the healing process and your enemy has to gather his bearings before trying again - this is your opportunity. If your gun does 15 damage then you have a shit gun and you should either level up the weapon or the associated skills. You're sounding like one of those players who Min/Max their characters (Giants 'fo lyfe 360 Pro MLG 3Stylez) just to be insanely good at one thing neglecting anything else and you're surprised that you can get "outgunned" by a balanced character that's relatively good at everything.

In case you weren't aware, your damage gets gimped when PvPing. I tried both a +9 shotgun and a +9 pistol, both did shit for damage. Have you even tried PvP at all in Bloodborne, or are you just spouting bullshit? :rolleyes: Like I said, heals are instant, even if you threw a molotov the very milisecond the other person heals they can still dodge because shit latency. I haven't been "outgunned" by anything, I'm just bored bashing someone's face in in the same fashion for 10 minutes "because heals XDXDXD". That's not fun. That's not "weighty gameplay XDXDXD".

I don't see the word "Souls" in Bloodborne anywhere. Sure, it's obviously a spin-off of the same rules board, but that doesn't mean that From Software simply didn't want to try something new. Like I said, to me, a 2 minute PvP match carries no weight wheras a 10 minute one is an actual struggle. That, and you're acting like this is imbalanced when both characters benefit from potions, nothing's stopping you from healing yourself up in a pinch and it logically makes sense. There is no reason not to heal your character in combat, if you're low on health, you heal - it should be an immediate reaction in any game, not just Bloodborne.

They didn't try anything new, they just went back to Demon's Souls type PvP...which was shit. I'm not saying it's not "fair", it's just not fun.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Praise the Sun!
CBxWk_oWEAAN3iH.jpg

Uh oh..
CBxXsGyWEAE8kAP.jpg

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah that fight was awesome!
I'm done with the main game now, have seen everything afaik unless there is more secrets to come in the guide this week. I save scummed the 3 endings and am now working on the dungeons for the platinum.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have hit the wall with this quite early on! This game might get the better of me I think. I believe I'm quite high in terms of level for where I'm at, but I'm being more or less instantly killed in the area I assume I'm supposed to be. I've opened up a larger area of the Catherdral Ward after beating the Blood Beast but am getting killed really easily in there by the monsters with the large garden rake type weapons. Its usually two hits at most and I'm gone.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to have hit the wall with this quite early on! This game might get the better of me I think. I believe I'm quite high in terms of level for where I'm at, but I'm being more or less instantly killed in the area I assume I'm supposed to be. I've opened up a larger area of the Catherdral Ward after beating the Blood Beast but am getting killed really easily in there by the monsters with the large garden rake type weapons. Its usually two hits at most and I'm gone.

Youre where youre supposed to be so no worries, those guys just happen to be giant assholes. I found that hitting them with a charged R2 with the rifle spear deals with them quite well. That thing is severely underrated.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
If anyone needs coop help I'm up for jumping in just set your network to Worldwide. I'm lv.86 atm running chalice dungeons for the last couple of trophies!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)