Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
This shit happens if an unknown SPC700 instruction is met. Handling for those cases is particulary ungraceful; the SPC700 thread just enters an endless loop. It can't be stopped anymore, and when starting another game blargSNES first waits for it to terminate, so everything locks up.

Mode 7 IS implemented. Minus one or two details.

Reactions: the_randomizer

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
is there any chance blarg could be made to run in the same mode as smash to have extra ram access or whatever that gives.....or wouldn't it help anyway

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you're making good progress figuring out the best use of the gfx chip. Have you made any dents in figuring out the DSP at all? No pressure, just curious :)

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
cWmnDyA.png

Fucking around with render-to-texture. As I expected, it's pretty easy to do with the PICA200.

Scaling isn't bad, uh. Also gives the impression of more speed because your character travels more distance.

This is with (bi?)linear filtering applied. I tried without filtering and it looks like total shit. Might give the option to toggle filtering, though.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cWmnDyA.png

Fucking around with render-to-texture. As I expected, it's pretty easy to do with the PICA200.

Scaling isn't bad, uh. Also gives the impression of more speed because your character travels more distance.

This is with (bi?)linear filtering applied. I tried without filtering and it looks like total shit. Might give the option to toggle filtering, though.

Looking good, man :D

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

How about an additional option for 274x240 (rescaled from 256x240) and 320x240 (how it looked on TV)?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't really get why homebrews don't have access to sound. Is it running in some sort of protected mode or are the instructions simply undocumented so far?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can someone confirm me how EarthBound plays on this new emulator?

The DS one was crap but since the 3DS is way more powerful...

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some games might not boot because of the lack of sound emulation. I remember in the old days that we had to fix some games on "SnesAdvance" on GBA to make them play without sound (or maybe spc is supported but you just don't have sound output?).

I forgot how we were doing it precisely, but from what I remember, we were noping (EAEA) the spc offsets in the roms or something like that.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Some games might not boot because of the lack of sound emulation. I remember in the old days that we had to fix some games on "SnesAdvance" on GBA to make them play without sound (or maybe spc is supported but you just don't have sound output?).

I forgot how we were doing it precisely, but from what I remember, we were noping (EAEA) the spc offsets in the roms or something like that.

nops then patch address to spcs jump to return (from spc) code?

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I think I remember him saying that the SPC emulation was in there now, just no sound output.
This.

The reason sound output is tricky is that
a) there is CSND but only a few system apps have access to it
b) there is the DSP but it's mostly unknown, and you need an official DSP binary which would be illegal to provide

I occasionally mess with the DSP but reverse-engineering it is a separate project. Considering the lack of an emulator that runs a game far enough to get useful DSP logs, I guess we will have to disassemble a DSP binary. That sucks. The assembly language for that DSP is ugly and weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: