ROM Hack Blank 3rd gen Pokemon rom?

TerryJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to make a romhack for Pokemon, but years ago I found out there wasn't really a way to make a "blank" rom where you can make your own maps, connections, annd everything just zeroed out rather than just "replacing" existing maps files and current game stuff.

Is there a blank rom out there somewhere? Or a tool that will allow me to delete most things in the rom? I know you aren't supposed to give out links to roms but yeah, I'm just asking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short version you are probably better off making your own- if you are using premade tools a lot of them do better at editing than adding in various ways but the big one is when you add stuff you will tend to have to find it a location to stick the new data where editing will just change things. You have plenty of space to edit with (no standard pokemon game used the upper 16 megs and even if you wanted to stay below it most had more than a few megs of space available).

Also some of the editing tools allow you to have the equivalent of the erase brush and allow you to go to town.

Still I have seen a couple of roms like this with things turned to something of a blank slate (usually aimed at high end remixes rather than total conversions and such like) but this was years ago and tools have got so much better in recent years so I still would not suggest you go hunting. I am not quite up to date with pokemon hacking tools but I would start with http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/463/ and go from there.

TerryJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for replying, sorry about getting back to you SUPAR late. Thanks for the link, I've also managed to find quite a few of the old tools I used to use, but could you help me with finding something of a blank slate. It's really what I'd like to have most. I'm planning on making a completely new game from scrath and it would be really nice if all the map files, connections and everything else was wiped.

Jobanicoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, I am actually looking for the same. I feel like all that editing and remove the storyline is to complicated and I've tried, only to fail.
Can someone please hook me up with either a blank, or a Pokemon Emerald Rom without storyline? I know it probably won't happen, but if it does, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more