Caltrate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope this is the right place for this.

So for the past 3 days I've been trying to play Gamecube back-ups on the Wii, but I keep getting a black screen. After I softmodded My Wii using ModMii, and installed the HB channel, I was hoping to play some GCN games, but no luck.

I've followed various tutorials and used different loaders, but nothing's changed. I've also looked for fixes on the forums, but nothing's changed. Tried using different ISOs, and installed them through the toolbox no change. So I thought I'd ask for some help here.

I've got the latest versions of dios mios (not lite), USB Loader GX, CFG Loader, d2x cios. Everything is up to date, except when I look at guides, they say I got to change DML to DM in the settings for CFG Loader, but I can't see an option for that.

I've tried 2 different USB sticks (Shintaro 4GB Rotating Pocket Disk, and SanDisk Cruzer 8gb). They were formatted correctly (Fat32/32k), and marked as active when I used them.

The first two games I tried playing were NTSC, the third was PAL (My Wii is PAL).

On a related note, after my last attempt using USB Loader GX, the USB didn't load, and now I can't see any games on it, only channels. The game still shows up on CFG Loader, but the black screen problem still persists.

I noticed on some other threads that people provide there system settings. I don't know how to do this, but if someone to tell me I would provide the settings, along with any other information you'll need.

Thanks in advance.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Only a hand full of games are worth playing from a USB Stick because of the sound skipping in certain games, in my opinion)

The gamecube ".iso" image file must be in different places for "CFG Loader" and for "USB Loader". "USB Loader 3.0 GX r1226" would not detect my USB Stick. Only "CFG Loader" with the gamecube image placed in the path games/GAMEID/game.iso (where GAMEID is a 6 digit string near the top you can find by viewing the game image in a hex editor). Something you could try:

Use a Wad Installer and uninstall dios_mios 2.10 then install it under either ios223 or ios249 (ios236 would not work for me), then open up your usb stick with CFG Loader (cfg Usb Loader v70 r65) and just press A until you get to your games and it should work. May also try:

Seeing if your Gamecube can boot a backup burned from a disk with neogamma or Usb Loader 3.0 GX first ... to see if your perhaps missing a .wad file you need installed somewhere.

I'm using a 4.3 wii, so I know its possible. My Wii won't accept my SDHC card, so it will not read a gamecube game from it, but it does from my USB Stick.

Caltrate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Only a hand full of games are worth playing from a USB Stick because of the sound skipping in certain games, in my opinion)

The gamecube ".iso" image file must be in different places for "CFG Loader" and for "USB Loader". "USB Loader 3.0 GX r1226" would not detect my USB Stick. Only "CFG Loader" with the gamecube image placed in the path games/GAMEID/game.iso (where GAMEID is a 6 digit string near the top you can find by viewing the game image in a hex editor). Something you could try:

Use a Wad Installer and uninstall dios_mios 2.10 then install it under either ios223 or ios249 (ios236 would not work for me), then open up your usb stick with CFG Loader (cfg Usb Loader v70 r65) and just press A until you get to your games and it should work. May also try:

Seeing if your Gamecube can boot a backup burned from a disk with neogamma or Usb Loader 3.0 GX first ... to see if your perhaps missing a .wad file you need installed somewhere.

I'm using a 4.3 wii, so I know its possible. My Wii won't accept my SDHC card, so it will not read a gamecube game from it, but it does from my USB Stick.

Thanks for helping.

Unfortunately this didn't do the trick though. I tried reinstalling dios mios 2.10, but no change.

I don't have a Gamecube anymore, so I can't check any backups that way.

Try Nintendont to load gamecube games. It's created by the same guy who made dios mios.

Nintendont thread here.

If things don't improve for me with Dios mios, I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Nintendont to load gamecube games. It's created by the same guy who made dios mios.

Nintendont thread here.

(The game compatibility is virtually non-existant compared to dios mios. I'm assuming it follows the hdd compatibility of dios mios also since I don't see anything in the thread about the compatibility of usb or hdd devices, from a quick browse. Major let down is the limitation of not using a gamecube controller without a usb port converter (why bother). For 13$ you can get a used compatible hdd with dios mios on ebay if your lucky, since there around that price, and a usb enclosure for a few bucks more. ... ... ... ... good for the wii's that don't have gamecube ports, since the wii is at the end of its life cycle, the console dev. usually stops shortly after. just saying this has been happening for a while ... good idea though)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(The game compatibility is virtually non-existant compared to dios mios. I'm assuming it follows the hdd compatibility of dios mios also since I don't see anything in the thread about the compatibility of usb or hdd devices, from a quick browse. Major let down is the limitation of not using a gamecube controller without a usb port converter (why bother). For 13$ you can get a used compatible hdd with dios mios on ebay if your lucky, since there around that price, and a usb enclosure for a few bucks more. ... ... ... ... good for the wii's that don't have gamecube ports, since the wii is at the end of its life cycle, the console dev. usually stops shortly after. just saying this has been happening for a while ... good idea though)

The app was just released so its in early beta but the game fixes are coming in everyday (usually one or two games have been getting fixed everyday)

The app is aimed toward Wii U users but it works on Wii too. You don't need work worry about the project being dropped because multiple updates happen per day and there are multiple developers besides crediar (creator of dios mios). It's actually one of the busiest threads on gbatemp.

USB controllers are for people who don't have backwards-compatible Wiis. You have a backwards compatible Wii so you don't need a usb controller.

They fixed the hard drive issue that dios mios had. Pretty much any drive will work if its formatted fat32.

Caltrate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendont thread here.

Gave it a try, and it works great. Huge thanks.

Checking the compatibility list, it looks like most of the games I want to play are supported. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2