Gaming Black screen problem when trying to load GCN iso

monsyphon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having troubles getting Megaman Network Transmission running correctly on my recently hacked Wii
What usually happens is that any USB Loader (I have tried dozens of them) recognizes my USB and that the .iso is there, but when I try playing the game a black screen occurs, Wiimote unconnects and I must hold the power button for 5-10 seconds before it restarts.

I am lost on what to do about this problem, could I please have some help?

Specs: Wii system 4.1
USB HDD: Seagate 2TB Expansion Desktop Drive (Code: STBV2000100), NOT partitioned, all is FAT32, 32 kb cluster
SD Card: some random 512MB SD by "Team". No problems as of yet from this card, but is it the cause of this?)
DIOS MIOS version 2.8 (or 2.9, cant remember)
USB Loader: I have tried many of them, even the DIOS MIOS booter, all give the same problem
Hacked by following the We Hack Wii instructions,

If you would like to know any other specific information please ask and I will try to find out\

And sorry if this is in the wrong section x

SonicNinja6600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has happened to me countless times. The problem is DIOS MIOS, (might not be true) but i heard the creator of DIOS MIOS was getting tired of people complaining or some other reason that he made the latest version of DIOS MIOS purposely not work. Anyways, long story short, Just install RVL-mios-v10.wad (which is the normal wii MIOS) then install DIOSMIOS_v2.10.wad and RVL-BC-v6.wad in that order and it should be working again. If it fails again in the future, just install those wads in that order again it everything will work again. Hope this helps ^_^

Reactions: lastninjagaijin

mmilhoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also having this issue, but I cannot get it to work at all, I ran those files as instructed but it still loads up to a black screen :/

SonicNinja6600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your wii is missing necessary homebrew files? Find the program "Pimp my Wii" then when you run it on the wii (P.S. MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO WI-FI BEFORE DOING ANYTHING) and pick the option "Preform tests and fix problems" and just keep pressing "A" whenever it gives you an option and you wii should be updated to where it need to be. Then try installing DIOS MIOS like i said above and it should be all set. ^_^

mmilhoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is the drive I am using, I found this compatibility sheet and it says this:
Model:WDBACW0020HBK-00
Size:2TB's
Usb Support:2.0/3.0
Working With: Wii Games
Not Working:GC GAmes
What Version Of DM:2.0
Loader:Usb Loader Gx r1193 Mod 2

So does that mean I can't play gamecube games on it? And if that is the case, what is a suggested flash drive that I can get that will be able to work with DIOS/MIOS?​
And I watched your videos on youtube, so I think I have everything set on the files end of it xD​

mmilhoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example:
Name of HDD: Sandisk Cruzer 32GB Flash Drive
Model: SDCZ36-032G-AFFP
Size of Drive: 32GB
USB Support: 2.0
Working with: Wii/GC Games
Not working with: N/A
What version: DM 2.10
Loaders: WiiFlow MOD r348, USB Loader GX 3.0 r1193

If I got this flash drive, would it only work with USB LoaderGX Rev 1193?? Or would it work with any rev after 1193?

SonicNinja6600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Configurable USB Loader. No issues with DIOS MIOS. Trust me, I used to use USB Loader GX all the time before but it dosen't work well with DIOS MIOS.

mmilhoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I was able to get DIOS/MIOS Lite to work, so I think I'm just gonna stick with that, but with my 2GB Class 2 SD card the game runs very slow, but as I have read you can put up to 32GB Class 10 SDHC cards in the front slot of the WII and it will work, is that true??

Cause all I remember is seeing everywhere that you can only put up to a 2GB standard in the WII

SonicNinja6600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl is one of those games that can only read 2GB SD Cards. In your case, i think it needs to be formated in 32kb cluster size. But if you have an external hard drive, you SHOULD use that instead. SD just doesn't have enough space for wii / gc games.

mmilhoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my wii games on my 2TB(500GB partition), and gamecube games on my 2GB SD card, but its a class 2 and like I said it runs slow, I don't like to many GC games but the ones I do like are Gold to me. I cannot get my HD to work with DIOS MIOS and now that I have DML working if a 32GB class 10 card will work then that will be plenty enough space for me to get my gamecube on. And if I do run out of space I will gladly take the time to switch the games out, it's the least I can do to enjoy the golden memories.

SonicNinja6600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You don't like most gamecube games!? :O 2. I mean whatever works for what you need to do but in my opinion, the HDD is so much moar convenient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night