Hardware Black screen after luma since update...

Dannb1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hoping someone may shed some light on this..

I hadn't used my n3ds for a month or so, so downloaded a few new cia games as normal loaded to sd card fbi ect go to select the game and needed to update the game and system software (not sure on which versions of hack but have luma3ds, menuhax) since I done the system update I get to the luma stage of the boot and then the black screen that's lit up slightly and freezes up there!

I can boot into standard system, if i stop it on luma menu i can go into homebrew, fbi all the usual parts except the hack system too.

Looked into luma may need updating which I'm guessing so as I done the hack close to a year ago and there seemed to be about 2 or 3 new versions of luma, the only issue is I cannot work out how I'd update luma as such, even if that is the issue!

Any help is much appreciated as I'm majorly stuck!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I hadn't used my n3ds for a month or so, so downloaded a few new cia games as normal loaded to sd card fbi ect go to select the game and needed to update the game and system software (not sure on which versions of hack but have luma3ds, menuhax) since I done the system update I get to the luma stage of the boot and then the black screen that's lit up slightly and freezes up there!

I can boot into standard system, if i stop it on luma menu i can go into homebrew, fbi all the usual parts except the hack system too.

Looked into luma may need updating which I'm guessing so as I done the hack close to a year ago and there seemed to be about 2 or 3 new versions of luma, the only issue is I cannot work out how I'd update luma as such, even if that is the issue!

so you can access sysnand but not emunand download the latest lume3ds and replace your luma related files https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

All you need to do to update Luma is replace the arm9loaderhax.bin and Luma3DS.dat as well as the boot.3dsx. You can use either Luma 6.6 or the latest hourly. Hourly works a bit better as it seems to have fixed the lag issue in some games that 11.3 introduced.
I suggest upgrading to A9LH by following http://3ds.guide to get more stable boot and brick protection and the ability to treat your sysNAND like it was OFW and update it normally without losing access to CFW, which means you don't need emuNAND or menuhax anymore.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Dannb1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you both of you for the replies! I had found the lumaupdates page but couldn't work it out from how it was laid out.

I had found that replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin file which I had done but nothing changed but guessing that was as I needed to change a few other files, thanks for the link to A9LH from the sounds of how popular it is on other threads I found recently I may update to that instead, guessing now days having the emunand and menuhax is a tad out dated as such?

Dannb1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All you need to do to update Luma is replace the arm9loaderhax.bin and Luma3DS.dat as well as the boot.3dsx. You can use either Luma 6.6 or the latest hourly. Hourly works a bit better as it seems to have fixed the lag issue in some games that 11.3 introduced.
I suggest upgrading to A9LH by following http://3ds.guide to get more stable boot and brick protection and the ability to treat your sysNAND like it was OFW and update it normally without losing access to CFW, which means you don't need emuNAND or menuhax anymore.

I have just changed these files you mentioned but still no luck, it seems to get stuck within luma3ds menu now instead of getting to the black screen after.. any other advice you could give? Thanks again

Dannb1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ignore the last reply!

After a few bits of playing about I tried going into homebrew which then she's the configuration menu since then it booted up as normal!!
Thank you very much been racking my brains trying to find a fix lol!

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche