Hacking Black Screen after loading games

gccs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to wii hacking and I have just finished hacking my wii which version is 4.1J. I have followed a quite old hacking guide and I cannot run any games at that time. Thus I go search in the internet and follow many different posts to update my softmod. The homebrew channel has been updated to the newest version.
The CIOS 249 and 250 have already been updated to d2x-v10 beta with base 56 and 57.
I am using the most updated CFG Loader and USB Loader GX. However, once I have plugged my USB (which formatted as FAT32 already) in and tried to play the games, most of them(such as Mario Party 9) showed black screen after showing a page that teaching you how to use the wii remote. And the most wired thing is that I can run New Super Mario Bros normally without crash.

Would you mind giving me some suggestions to deal with this case? Or I should just hack it again starting with homebrew channel?

Thanks!

zrog90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the first thing is, you should have updated to the newest software, which is 4.3 I think.
However, assuming you did everything correctly, I had the exact same problem you are having. You have to get rid of that USB flash drive and spring for an external hard drive. I know it really sucks to have to do, but I promise it works. And if it doesn't, just return it to Wal Mart and get your money back. Make sure you are using WiiBackupManager to transfer your Wii games to a folder named wbfs in your drive as well, otherwise it will not work at all. Also, there may be a requirement to format your drive to WBFS since you are below 4.3, but I can not confirm this, so I don't know for sure. If you are unsure about putting money out for an external hard drive, just go look at my past posts from the past week on my profile. I had the same problem and finally got it working a few days ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.