Black ops2 console comparison.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by pwsincd, Dec 24, 2012.

Dec 24, 2012

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Message Count:
    United States
    Must people forever use Eurogamer as a source of gaming news? You know how much they love Nintendo. You know very well that their staff is full of hate-mongering sodomites. Who gives a flying f**k if they used early development tools and ports not being perfect?
    Last edited by the_randomizer, Dec 24, 2012

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    well all that being said my 7 yr old son should be happy then , he isnt going to be nit picking just as long as he has the similar facilities available hell be happy , and things will only get better . for future releases.

Jan1tor New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I was playing BOP2 tonight. Showing my brother in law. The system was upstairs so I brought the gamepad downstairs to show him the game and we played online for a while. I like that you can make it portable compared to my xbox and my sons ps3. This way I can play it anywhere in my house, even the bathroom I guess, but I doubt I ever would.

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    His first impression was "he loved it" minor pisser that he couldnt play zombies online , never would join a game , normal multiplay was great hes hooked... happy days :)
    • Newcomer

PnP Bios Don't like my post? GOOD!

Message Count:
    United States
    I have to say that I am honestly shocked at how well it plays on the Wii-U. I just hope that we don't get left in the dust when it comes to the DLC. Playing with the Wii-mote and the nun-chuck, and with the Wii-pad, is actually a great deal of fun, and doesn't put you at a significant disadvantage. It's a really good port.

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    No Smooth as butter. And I mean really smooth 60fps.
    Also I think this kind of comparisons is due to the fact PC users have a hard time keeping up with the developments of GPU's and CPU's.
    Speed and Graphics do not make good games, Innovation does and has always been.
    Add this to the fact that BLOPS2 is multiplatforms, you'd know good times for gaming are ahead of us, at least on WiiU
    Last edited by Hielkenator, Dec 31, 2012

Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Call of Duty have pretty much failed both new consoles this year. At least the Wii U version isn't as overhyped and flawed as the vita one
    • Reporter

Foxi4 What's a "Pokeflood"?

Message Count:
    Poland
    Okay, for starters, the vid puts PS3, PC and the 360 in one basket - that's a no-no, we all know this game looks differently on those platform, even if slightly. Second no-no is that the video is not in HD - by proxy, you can't see a thing on it. (Nevermind, my bad, it is.) Avoid that kind of comparisons.

Here's an actual comparison as well as an analysis of the video output.
    Last edited by Foxi4, Dec 31, 2012

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    We have the PS3 and WiiU releases of Blops and to be honest i cannot tell which one im looking at . And to cap it my son get s to do all the things ninty intended , sits playing it on the Pad , infact plays it on the pad wether its on the TV or not , so my initial concerns over this have vanished , the ps3 hasnt had a look in , so regardless of FPS of microscopic detail i think the WiiU blops / quick port over has done its job . What im now excited to see is if the devs get their head around the WiiU for the next big cross platform , major release and have a proper comparison...
    • Newcomer

vdoggie New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    It can render the game twice with dynamic shadows off.. one on the TV and one to the gamepad... that should give you some idea that the Wii U is pretty powerful from the GPU side.. and none of those engines are even CLOSE to being optimized.. not to mention all the specific chips ie DSP etc.. that can off-load a BUNCH of stuff that is normally run on the CPU..

BenRK New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Why the heck did you give a little kid blops? Stuff like that is why old people hate "gamers"

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Im not concerned with who hates who , Who says i cannot give my kid blops ? wtf

Message Count:
    United States
    Eurogamer huh? You know they are biased against Nintendo, right? I'm sick of these articles and their refusal to give developers the benefit of the doubt; these ports were rushed.

Mantis41 Mantis41: Mostly Harmless

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Not sure if they are biased against Nintendo. They are just performance whores and until now that has been a huge weakness for Nintendo.

I really do hope the Wii U shows can show some true permanence increases over the previous gen consoles. So far I have felt a little disappointed.

Message Count:
    United States
    Again, these ports were rushed.

soulx #eattherude

Message Count:
    Ashmore and Cartier Islands
    Well it already has shown an improvement with Trine 2 and X. How much of an improvement, you decide.

Mantis41 Mantis41: Mostly Harmless

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    LOL "permanence". I just re-read my post.

Anyway, your probably right.

pwsincd Garage Flower

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I keep seeing this comment ... is it our assumption that these games were rushed ? we have confirmation that the ports were hurried.. Ninto sprung it upon the 3rd parties .. quick dev us a rushed port for launch ...? its hearsay at best.

SPONSORED LINKS