Misc Bizarre issue with connecting to the internet with DS

Xan0906

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is on both DS Lite and DSi with either WFC games or the DSi browser, regardless of WEP/WPA2 encryption. I use a Linksys WRT54GL with newest stock firmware and normally, I simply can't connect to the internet. It tends to come up with different error messages, but most of the time it's something related to IP config (can look up the error message/code if it helps).

The strange part is, if I just save the settings on the router, without changing anything, it basically works fine 100% the next time I try it, and I'm not kicked out of the game or anything. What does saving the settings do to make it work?

I should also probably note that I've only ever had this problem with the DS, not with other consoles...

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/wrSetupHelp.jsp
setup a static IP for you ds connection
Try assigning the Nintendo DS a static IP address.
  1. Access your router's settings and find the available range of IP addresses. (This is typically found within the DHCP information.)
  2. When you find this information, select one of the available IP addresses and enter this, along with the Subnet and Gateway addresses, through the manual settings on the Nintendo DS (how to).
  3. If you can't find the range of IP Addresses in the router settings, you can usually view them through your computer's IP configuration settings (see "View Your IP Configuration Settings" section below). Add "10" to the number in the last slot and enter the IP address in the manual settings of the Nintendo DS.
  4. You will then need to enter the DNS server information of your computer into the Nintendo DS as well. To do this you will need to determine your IP configuration settings (see "View Your IP Configuration Settings" section below). This will give you the basic information for all network devices installed on the PC. Included in this will be the DNS Servers information you will need to enter through the manual settings on the Nintendo DS. If only a primary DNS is listed, use that number in both the primary and secondary slots of the Nintendo DS.
  5. Once this information is entered, try to test the connection again.

you might have a ip conflict on you network

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol