Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use system requirement lab to see if your PC will work with bioshock

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

What it does:
System Requirements Lab looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes it is a simple free software download and sometimes it is a link to a product such as the right video card.

=D
lolbm2.jpg

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo didn't run on my PC, you should get the demo before buying this game.

And yes, I exceeded specs, so thats not the problem.

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You gotta update your drivers to the latest nvidia ones if you haven't the version is called 163.44 and they were specially made for bioshock.

Some people are having a few issues with running the game/demo. I had a problem at first but I turned off the 'high detail shaders' and that stopped it from crashing after a load.

I think i'm near the end of the game but I really hope not, I'm taking my time to explore every last bit. woot

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've been rather busy lately with uni work and other things so I haven't had the opportunity to play much Bioshock. On the plus side I guess it lasts a lot longer
smile.gif

It's a great game but it gets a little frustrating because I never have much ammo at all, I basically cycle through all my guns until all ammo is depleted then I wrench & plasmid them to death. Anyone else finding a distinct lack of ammo and cash to buy ammo?

uberd0g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never had to resort to using the wrench. Hack all the machines and search bodies, bags and boxes. Headshots work wonders too

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Instead of doing my assignments Bioshock took control of my day. I sat down for most of the day and finished it. Brilliant game. One of the best FPSs I've played in a long long time.

I got the good ending which made me feel all warm and fuzzy
tongue.gif

....now that done........assignments...

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice opium
wink.gif

I've been playing on hard so it's gonna take me a bit longer. Pretty sure I'm up to the last level though.

Apparently the Xbox version is much harder than the pc one and med difficulty = hard on pc.

well done

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just finished it. Almost brought a tear to my eye
frown.gif
I saved the little sisters and I'm really glad I did...Don't remember when a game has made me feel like this before

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah was a little disappointed with the last boss too. A little too easy and not quite in the spirit of the game if you know what I mean.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't know what people find on this game. Graphics are okay ( too much gloss and some troubles here and there ) but the gameplay is rather boring. Granted you have "upgrades" in form of plasmids but this doesn't help to get past the utterly crappy console like controls... not to mention the utterly stupid copy protection system "geared to fuck honest players!!" . Story seems to be good ( never finished it, pissed me off beforehand ) but that alone can't fix a game.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know what people find on this game. Graphics are okay ( too much gloss and some troubles here and there ) but the gameplay is rather boring. Granted you have "upgrades" in form of plasmids but this doesn't help to get past the utterly crappy console like controls... not to mention the utterly stupid copy protection system "geared to fuck honest players!!" . Story seems to be good ( never finished it, pissed me off beforehand ) but that alone can't fix a game.

I think the game looks amazing. Maybe that's more down to the art-style than technical aspects, but it has still delivered a couple of "wow" moments. It's just a pity the initial buzz that I got from just looking at my surroundings has worn off now.
Character design is a bit shoddy perhaps (which is strange coz the metal daddy concept is outstanding) and it can be hard to work out which enemy type you are fighting against just by looking at them. Or is that just me?

I really like it. I do feel sorry for all you PC gamers having to deal with the copy protection issue, but I'm playing it on 360 so
tongue.gif
and crappy console like controls are a bonus
laugh.gif

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The copy protection thing is going to be removed after the game has been out for a little bit.

The copy protection lets you install the game on 5 different computers with 5 different installs per computer. They are also releasing a program that credits you with another install when you uninstall the game. It's not so bad, companies have being doing this sort of thing for years..usually much worse

What didn't you like about the game play Dragonlord? Is it because of the controls? What do you mean by 'console like controls'? You mean on the PC? I thought the controls on PC were excellent and the 360 controls were very good considering how many different input functions you have. You can customize the controls on the PC if you really want to.

I thought the gameplay was outstanding for an FPS. I guess it depends what sort of games you like. Sounds like you like your rpgs and were a huge SS2 fan. In that case I can understand why you were disappointed.

But the graphics? Come on dude they're amazing. Did you play on xbox or pc? Kinda sounds like your an xbox360 hater so I guess PC.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Y'know, looking at it from a PC gamer's perspective I can see how the graphics might seem less impressive. Bioshock 360 is amazing, Bioshock PC just isn't Crysis
wink.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
The copy protection thing is going to be removed after the game has been out for a little bit.
It can be removed with no-cd cracks but this is the main problem: Why putting in a copy protection which fucks the legal player but any piratez simply roflmao about this and crack it straight away. You hit the wrong people with it and I'm 100% against such crap. Why do they never learn?

QUOTE said:
What didn't you like about the game play Dragonlord?
I think I mentioned it already in the last post but I can recap it a little bit. The art style is good and I like it as well s the story has the chance to be good also. The problem are though at other places. First they claimed to be SS2 like ( whatever this means to them ). This is though as if you compare DX:IW with DeusEx. It simply is nowhere near the gameplay quality, depth and immersion. Some people say this game would be immersive but I have to deny this. I felt not one second like being in the game. It felt like in those old movies somebody sits in a car and a rolling screen is outside the window to fake them driving. I have felt much more immersed in a game like Stalker than this one. I can though not put a straight finger on which aspect causes it since I think it's a mix of problems producing the final result. The RPG elements are very week. The weapon ammo stuff is boring and tedious. In SS2 for example the choice of ammo had a huge impact and if you ran out of ammo for one type simply switching didn't safe the day. Hence your choice really influenced how you had to approach the game. The plasmids are more like a bad copy of DX:IW. It's the only thing I also disliked on SS2. There had been too many ( not much of use ) psi-techs you could use. This though is now my opinion about it. The major problem had been the inventory system, the map and the controls. The inventory is like non-existent at all. I don't like games with no inventory system. I would like to know what I carry and to read a bit what it is and especially to organize myself. This especially means to change the order of weapons ( I usually play with only very few weapons ). The map is also annoying. It is way too large so you have to click-scroll off your ass like hell. Granted you can zoom but still it's really annoying. Finally the controls are very shoddy. "Console like controls" refers to how controls are layed out on consoles. They are very slopy since consoles don't have the fast reaction ability a mouse has. Furthermore due to the way A-Sticks are made a certain "stickiness" prevents the player from moving away from target. The problem is though that the a mouse on PC has completely different characteristics. A mouse is precise and quick. Whenever I try to turn it is like my view is stickied by a rubber band you have to first tear apart before you can move. It is also very difficult to place your view on a given item from a distance due to the stickiness. Also the precision is bad which also makes it a problem to aim on something. You always have to get close to nullify the dumb controls side effects. This is really annoying after some time.

I thought the gameplay was outstanding for an FPS. I guess it depends what sort of games you like. Sounds like you like your rpgs and were a huge SS2 fan. In that case I can understand why you were disappointed.
Not SS2 fan but SS2 is a good game. I'm a Deus-Ex guy most of all. Granted stupid gun-and-run is beyond me but this game is even worse in that discipline. They boasted about it containing rpg elements. Even Stalker had more and they did only use a simple stats system with a minor weapon mod system. You can't even alter your game play. RPG element means that you can change your character to some extend "altering the way you play the game". Neither of that I could witness. Also claiming to orient on SS2 is far fetched. It has nothing to do with it.

That said the game is not bad but nothing I would get unless it comes out of a bargain bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass