Gaming Bioshock Infinite Hype Thread. Hold onto your pants.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bioshock Infinite Hype Thread

What is Bioshock Infinite?​
Get out.​
BioShock Infinite is an upcoming first-person shooter video game and the third installment in the BioShock series. Previously known as "Project Icarus", it is being developed by Irrational Games for a March 26, 2013 worldwide release on the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 platforms. BioShock Infinite is not part of the storyline of previous BioShock games but features similar gameplay concepts and themes.

Set in 1912 during the growth of American Exceptionalism, the game's protagonist, former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, is sent to the floating air-city of Columbia to find a young woman, Elizabeth, who has been held captive there for the last twelve years. Though Booker rescues Elizabeth, the two are pursued by the city's warring factions; the nativist and elite Founders that strive to keep the city for pure Americans, and the Vox Populi, a rebel grouping representing the common people. Booker finds Elizabeth to be central to this conflict, and that she also holds strange powers to manipulate rifts in the time-space continuum that ravage Columbia.

The player controls Booker throughout the game, eventually working with the AI-controlled Elizabeth. Like previous BioShock games, the player uses a combination of weapons, gear, psychokinetic powers granted through "vigors" (spells or potions),[1] and Elizabeth's own powers to fight off hostile foes and make their way through Columbia. In contrast to the limited spaces of the underwater city of Rapture, the open-air city of Columbia provides for more combat challenges, including combat that takes place aboard the city's Skyline rollercoaster-like rail system. The game will also feature a "1999 Mode", harkening back to games like System Shock 2 where decisions made by the player will have a more permanent impact on the game, possibly leading the player to an unwinnable situation and requiring a restart from an earlier saved game.

This thing has to have a collector's edition right? Hold onto those pants. I will no be held responsible for what happens.​
Ultimate Songbird Edition ($149.99 USD.)​
original.jpg
What comes with this thing?​
  • Industrial Revolution Pack
  • Exclusive GameStop Shotgun
  • Songbird Statue
  • Artbook
  • OST
  • Gear Pack (Start the game with 3 exclusive powerups.)
  • Bull Rush (Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.)
  • Extra Extra (Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.)
  • Betrayer ( Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage.)
  • Lithographic Print (A real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia.)
  • Handyman Figurine
  • Murder of Crows Keychain
Console versions get a little extra. 360 users get avatar costumes, PS3 users get a PS3 theme.

Premium Edition​
79791.jpg
What's in this bad boy?​
  • Artbook
  • OST
  • Gear Pack (Start the game with 3 exclusive powerups.)
  • Bull Rush (Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.)
  • Extra Extra (Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.)
  • Betrayer ( Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage.)
  • Lithographic Print (A real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia.)
  • Handyman Figurine
  • Murder of Crows Keychain
  • Industrial Revolution Pack
  • GameStop ShotGun.
This thing been leaked yet?​
Nope. But it's been confirmed by Irrational Game to being currently loaded up on trucks and on it's way to major retailers. So we can probably expect a leak soon enough.​
Devin. I need more videos man.​
Okay, okay. God. Below are some places to get information on the game.​

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It honestly looks fantastic.
I've been waiting for this forever! Very disappointed that there will be no Co-op though :(

Also, does anyone know the song in the trailer?

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Random question. Anyone ordered this through Green Man Gaming? How does that work? Most seem to be Steam activatable but the code was for "BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution"

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm. Interesting to see what reviews this gets. I think a few people are going to be disappointed. You can REALLY tell that this one needs the next gen consoles from the hour or so ive played so far. My 360 is creaking under the weight of this. There are quite a few performance issues frame rate and texture wise. Might not be the case for the PS3 i dunno. Id say straight away that this isnt as good as Bioshock 1 or 2 but its still decent.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah started at 4AM~ beat the game at 6PM. But in between I watched one of the Star Wars movies. So about 12 hours or so. Of course I sort of rushed rather than explored. Going to play it again to explore more.

Reactions: eyes

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
^ same ish.
Beat it like an hour before Dev did ;p
Me and me mate did nothing but playing.
Beginning of Columbia was exploring and then it was rushing and exiting areas quickly.

Going to play it again to unlock 1999 mode when me Limited edition comes out and then try to beat 1999 mode ;o;

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been playing this for the past 3 hours on PC.

And oh. My. God.

I have to get up early tomorrow and could barley bring myself to close the game. I didn't even get far into the game, I was just wondering around enjoying the world, listening to conversations, picking up everything I could find. Enjoy everyone.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Stay home ;o;
Tell everyone you got the flying super flu with a mixture of chicken pox and other weird animal diseases.
PLAY THE GAME ;o;

J/k

I know.
I can spend hours in Columbia just exploring if it was an option.
So much to do in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.