PS1/2 .bin to .img converter for PSX games???

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PS1 era coincided with a whole bunch of competing formats for disc images, especially when coupled with anti piracy, and the scene had not quite got it together when it came to standards.

To that end most people get themselves a nice multi iso conversion/fiddling program like poweriso, ultraiso, magic iso. I do not know of any free options here that I can point to that can compete with those.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i recently come across with this and i did the hard way.. i used a drive emulator (like daemon tools) to open the image, and then used another tool (poweriso IIRC) to convert the disc to image..
i was just not on the mood to google a iso converter.. but it worked wonderfully and fast xD

anyway, i recall trying to use alchohol 120% and power iso, because power iso didnt support one type, and alchool didnt support the other.. it was an hassle... so i just emulated the cd and ripped it..

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im surprised that there is not any (or im blind).

How can i convert PSX .bin files to .img ones, because i need them for android emulator that detects only .img ones.
But regardless, i want to convert it but cant find any converter to do so.
PSX .bin images and .img images are exactly the same data wise, byte for byte crc and all, just a different extension name and the img format also includes extra sub-channel sub files. The only exception I can think of is images that have cd audio, the image program will make them different.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
what is .cue file, i was always wondering?
The cue file states the track layout in the disc image. The bin files are usually useless without them but most emulators just guess what the tracks are if its missing.

And careful not all CD tools handle PlayStation games well as they are not true CD ROMS.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is .cue file, i was always wondering?
The BIN is just a raw dump of the disc. The CUE file contains information like what tracks are where. It's kind of like the metadata for the BIN file. Generally CUE/BIN combos are better for games that stream audio tracks from the "disc", but it has become less of a concern as more advanced emulators have popped up and games moved away from using tracks like that.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually fighting with this exact problem. i have a bin/cue file. when mounted in a virtual drive the audio is borked. whe burned to a physical disk, and then ripped to img it works.

i wish to go from bin cue to img directly without having to burn it. how is this done without buying any software?

pollop2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
I'm actually fighting with this exact problem. i have a bin/cue file. when mounted in a virtual drive the audio is borked. whe burned to a physical disk, and then ripped to img it works.

i wish to go from bin cue to img directly without having to burn it. how is this done without buying any software?
i need to know this too, did you find a way to make .img files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?