Homebrew Big Red Menu - Legal CIA installer/uninstaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I may be wrong, but this is what I uderstood of the ctrclient.

IMHO what you are saying happens because patching the fw to setup the wifi connection it brokes something. Its very unstable while in that mode.

And when you refer to palantine CFW, remember that he only reworked the first part of the loader to eliminate the calls to Govanify site and making it a little more stable, but did not modified the part that is started with the L key and that patches the FW to activate the remore control of services (this part of code is in the arm11_code.bin file of the package and if you don't press the L key it isn't loaded. Try deleting this file from the SD :lol: ).

I don't know very much on this file, never tryed to RE it, I'm working only on the boot.bin file.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks... now i sound stupid.. but non the less, thanks... i thought it might've been the place it installs to, i mean can it only install to sysnand or realnand or rednand (for what the difference is)? i wouldn't know how to place the actual cia files on the nand, so i already assumed it would be on the sd-card.
RedNAND is just another name for emuNAND, it's short for red(irected)NAND.
It's actually a more accurate description than what Gateway call emu(lated)NAND. Because there isn't any emulation occurring at all, it's simply redirection to an SD mounted copy of the systems NAND. We all call it emuNAND because gateway provided the first public NAND redirection solution, and that was what they called it, so it stuck.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
since big blue menu won't survive updates past 4.5 to function, a question. will this big red menu survive? and what are sdmc cia's?

What? You mean Big Blue Menu don't work on 5.x+ ?

It works fine on my brother's 3DS XL which run on 9.2... I even managed to install the blue card whitelist on sysnand with it...

currowth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add a feature to Big Red Menu where when you install all cia, it deletes the current cia on successful install. This would be useful when you are batch installing and you don't have enough free space for the next cia in queue, but deleting current cia that it just installed will free up space for the next cia in queue.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Can you add a feature to Big Red Menu where when you install all cia, it deletes the current cia on successful install. This would be useful when you are batch installing and you don't have enough free space for the next cia in queue, but deleting current cia that it just installed will free up space for the next cia in queue.

Easy to add, i'll add this feature on next release maybe to another button (Y button?).

Reactions: I pwned U!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How about adding a feature to this and ORGANIZ3D that allows the app to ckeck a server for updates, download them, and install them directly within the app?

The .3dsx versions would check for .3dsx updates and overwrite the old version on the SD card, and the .cia versions would download the latest .cia updates and install them.

Perhaps having and option to install a new copies without overwriting the old ones would also be useful in case a newer version ends up having a new bug causing instability.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I need someone with a big CIA (size > 30/40 MB) to test an upcoming feature (A progress status check during importation).

Actual changelog:
- Fixxed a bug in Type detection. Now it's done correctly.
- Added possibility to auto-delete CIA files after importing (Y button).
- Added status check (processed bytes) during CIA importing (So now app will not seems to freeze during installation).

EDIT: Tested by myself and it works fine, v.1.3 is near to arrive.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yet another little update for Big Red Menu (which now is v.1.3):

- Added status check (processed bytes) during CIA importing (So now app will not seems to freeze during installation).
- Added Filesize info for CIA files
- Added Free Space info
- Added check for filesize before installing a CIA

Download: http://rinnegatamante.netsons.org/BGRMv1.3.rar

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another little update for Big Red Menu (which now is v.1.3):

- Added Filesize info for CIA files
- Added Free Space info
- Added check for filesize before installing a CIA

Download: http://rinnegatamante.netsons.org/BGRMv1.3.rar
Another:

Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come this tool isn't provided also as .3ds so that it can be self-bootstrapping? As in, able to install its own .cia?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to back up your band without a gateway or another flash card?

if you mean "NAND", you don't need any flashcart at all. All you need is to be on firmware 9.2 or below. By putting GW's launcher in the SD card and running the web browser exploit, you're able to go to GW Menu and there you have the Backup NAND option.

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just had an idea for a completely legal CIA installer.

You could just steal DevMenu's exheader. Then it would be able to run and do its thing without having to be installed.

(well, if this isn't legal, then neither are all the current homebrews, since we're all using a stolen exheader)

So... i have made a BigRedMenu .3ds build using DevMenu exheader, i don't have a Gateway so i can't test, anyway, download here

Attachments

• BigRedMenu.rar
    251 KB · Views: 289
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat