Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3 CONFIRMED

1388410743272753445.jpg

Announced at D23 Expo in California, Square Enix announced that one of the newest worlds featured in Kingdom Hearts will be Disney's Sanfransokyo from Award Winning movie, Big Hero 6. There were no images or trailers released sadly, (but at least there is cool fanart.)

:arrow: SOURCE

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Popularity is not a factor in whether something is good or not. There's McDonald's restaurants all over the place, but we don't consider their food to be gourmet. Lowest common denominator entertainment tends to sell the best anyways because it doesn't require a refined taste - it just crams together things people like in hopes for the best, throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks. There's never a shortage of angsty teens who'll feel engaged in games like Kingdom Hearts. No offense, you're free to like it, I just think the game's not for refined tastes.
Calling McDonald's as "restaurants" even though they have that title is rather disrespectful to actual quality restaurants. McD's is just plastic food.

Scruffy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of all the now Disney owned Marvel properties, Big Hero 6 is not the first one I'd go putting in.

That's the thing, out of all the Marvel properties Disney owns, this is the only one that they both have worked on (aside from Disney Infinity), so it's a good starting point for them to put into the game, just like the best starting point (connection-wise, not story or gameplay) for Star Wars would probably be that Rebels show on Disney. The hardest part of adding new worlds that aren't original (because the focus is really on the Disney/Final Fantasy stuff) would be selecting what would work with your view of the game. It's why I mute my TV whenever I play KH2's Atlantica, because I feel it's not a good fit.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news. I thought Big Hero 6 was an excellent movie (based on a "meh" comic book) and I think it will fit awesomely with Kingdom Hearts. Although, I've never felt like Any of the Kingdom Hearts were out of place. I think they do an excellent job making everything fit.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kingdom hearts is a serious game but also a bit goofy and that's why it needs Disney characters. I think without the Disney characters it would miss that touch of goofiness that makes the game funny and breaks the seriousness once in a while. Disney and Square seem to compliment each other very well in Kh. A game done with final fantasy characters alone would just be 2 serious and the characters wouldn't be the characters that we love today.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news. I thought Big Hero 6 was an excellent movie (based on a "meh" comic book) and I think it will fit awesomely with Kingdom Hearts. Although, I've never felt like Any of the Kingdom Hearts were out of place. I think they do an excellent job making everything fit.
i for one felt like port royal felt out of place. didn't help that world alone had a different art style

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Honestly, I felt the same way when I first heard about it. Then again, I was an angsty teenager back then, so I had an excuse. But what exactly irks you? Are you a Disney fan but hate Final Fantasy? Are you a Final Fantasy fan(tasy) but hate Disney? Or do you simply dislike what you consider to be unnecessary mashups? For case #1, you probably aren't interested in Japanese RPGs, so there's no reason for you to be mad in the first place, since it's out of your wheelhouse. For case #2, do you hate Disney in particular, or just kiddy things? For case #2.a, I guess that's a fair stance, but there's definitely different quality levels in the various Disney series and franchises, so you shouldn't let bad apples spoil the bunch. For case #2.b, I can understand. While I love JRPGs, I absolutely hate stories where friendship and/or love conquers all. KH definitely fits that, but the combat and nostalgia factor are decent enough for me to enjoy it. For case #3, while some things may seem at odds with each other, together they could create something great, like chocolate and peanut butter forming Reese's. KH isn't necessarily great, but I don't think it's as vomit-inducing as you say it is.

The problem is both Disney and Final Fantasy represent a culture. One is iconic Western animation franchise, the other is iconic Japan gaming franchise. So when mix them together, you will either create a game that both Westerner and Japanese like or some catastrophe that they call "weaboo" game. But somehow KH landed in middle of them, most people love it but some still think it's a "weaboo Disney" game or "Disney go edgy" game because they can accept other culture well. Just like when you see a Western girl wear a Kimono, some will say she beauty but some will say it doesn't fit her. In the end, it's just depend on each people taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol