Hardware BestBuy cancelled pre-orders for 3DS XL MM3D edition

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saw this one coming, BestBuy stated sometime last week there were going to cancel orders on people who made more than one Majora's Mask Edition 3DS XL purchases sometime this week; though I was expecting this to happen on Monday...better late than never I guess.

What does this all mean, GameStop said they might follow suit and do the same to customers that pre-ordered more than one console online and in-store (?).

Chances are getting a lot better that there maybe some cancelled Majora's Mask Edition 3DS XL's available for in-store purchase at BestBuy and possibly GameStop locations on the New 3DS XL's launch day mainly for those who missed out but this still just a prediction.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I don't get one this makes me happy as hell. Only way to stop these POS slimeball scalpers is to not buy what they are scalping. Problem is people with money to spare will pay what the scalpers ask to avoid the hassle. I hope alot of the scalpers that sold their extra preorders are now screwed because they can't provide the systems they sold on amazon and ebay. Still hoping to get one myself. If not I will settle for black.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hope they do the same thing for the majora's mask limited edition game. because i know that 2 employee's from my local ebgames both bought 2 copies from the store they work at and the store only received 4 copies.
1 of them literally said that he was selling both on ebay and buying the regular edition for himself, the other one bought one for him self and one to sell on ebay.
I called the district manager and he was not to happy. he said that they were going to change the policy on limited edition pre-orders because of what has happend with this games preorders and this store, so that preorder's are only one per employee, he's trying to get me one but he can't make any promises

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is both a win and a loss. I mean, most people buying multiples are just looking to scalp them on eBay and such. I agree that a good deal of people, probably even most, buying multiple units are scalpers, but not everyone is and this punishes them.

I've got three people that would genuinely be the end users of the ones I bought (me being one of them). There are people who would buy more than one that aren't just going to try to turn them over for a profit. For those people this sucks.

I have genuinely mixed feelings about this. There are already people selling Skull Kid figurines on eBay for $300. They don't even have them yet, and they didn't give a shit about actually getting one. That's not who those figurines were for and it's bullshit.

I'd love one, and I know two other people that would love one just as much as I would that I care enough about to buy one for them at the original $60 w/ TLZ:MM cartridge.

No matter how this goes I don't win. :-/

Still I'm glad they are recognizing the problem, I just hope they find a better way to solve it.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope they do the same thing for the majora's mask limited edition game. because i know that 2 employee's from my local ebgames both bought 2 copies from the store they work at and the store only received 4 copies.
1 of them literally said that he was selling both on ebay and buying the regular edition for himself, the other one bought one for him self and one to sell on ebay.
I called the district manager and he was not to happy. he said that they were going to change the policy on limited edition pre-orders because of what has happend with this games preorders and this store, so that preorder's are only one per employee, he's trying to get me one but he can't make any promises

You are so lucky. I actually went to my gamestop the other day. The guy working was a pretty cool guy. Anyway, he told me he was able to get 2 of the MM N3DSXL's preordered for himself. He told me he might be interested in letting one go. I offered to give him a bit more than retail for it. He told me if he decides to let it go, he will give it to me for retail. I just hope he calls. Would save me from camping out at Best Buy on the 12th. I would love to be able to get a copy of the lmited game too.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop is doing the same for the non-special editions. Just so you know they cancel the whole order. Ordered more then one, than your SOL and need to reorder. This time a single unit. If no more are available, well you shouldn't of been greedy enough to order more than one.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my BestBuy preorder cancelled. I only ordered one yet it was still cancelled. In their defense, I was given a $50 credit which I used to buy Bayonetta 2. Luckily I have a GameStop preorder still valid that hopefully won't get cancelled since I ordered only one.

Reactions: cearp

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my BestBuy preorder cancelled. I only ordered one yet it was still cancelled. In their defense, I was given a $50 credit which I used to buy Bayonetta 2. Luckily I have a GameStop preorder still valid that hopefully won't get cancelled since I ordered only one.
When did you place your order? Just curious if mine is gonna be canceled too.

zwang1208

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best Buy cancelled a number of pre-orders for the limited edition Majora's Mask 3DS tonight, informing customers via e-mail that the demand had "exceeded the quantities made available" to the retailer. Best Buy is offering $50 discounts to customers whose orders were axed.

Holy sh*t!!

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got one of those email FUCK! They gave me a promotional code for $50 off my next bestbuy purchase. I really really wanted the majoras mask 3dsxl but I guess I'll have to settle for one of the regulars. Which should i get people, red or black?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i'm in the clear, i actually got lucky and ordered before it was posted to any site that it was up. and of course i only ordered one.
i'm glad scalpers got screwed over but i feel especially bad for anyone who overpaid on ebay and still isn't getting one.

zwang1208

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got one of those email FUCK! They gave me a promotional code for $50 off my next bestbuy purchase. I really really wanted the majoras mask 3dsxl but I guess I'll have to settle for one of the regulars. Which should i get people, red or black?

Red absolutely! Other (limited)editions are all black inside, only red one is red inside. Sometimes I think red one is more beautiful. If MM3D edition comes with gold inside, it should be good also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night