Best website to buy a phone

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I noticed that US phones are cheaper than their european counterparts. Is there any good US site where to buy phones? Also, will they work with european sims and networks?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They'll work as long as they have android or ios, not sure about Windows phone but I'm guessing so, most phones are universal, it'll need to be GSM compatible either way. As for where to get them, can't help you there but you could check the American eBay site???

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another question. I see a lot of inserction for Verizon prepaid, boost prepaid, ecc. Will they work if I put there another SIM card (in example TIM, an italian phone company) or do I need to do something to unlock them?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Another question. I see a lot of inserction for Verizon prepaid, boost prepaid, ecc. Will they work if I put there another SIM card (in example TIM, an italian phone company) or do I need to do something to unlock them?

make sure you buy an unlocked phone. a lot of phones are locked to that specific network (for example verizon)

if you buy a locked one, well good luck...

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
make sure you buy an unlocked phone. a lot of phones are locked to that specific network (for example verizon)

if you buy a locked one, well good luck...

You'll need to buy an unlocked phone that's for sure. Guess you could unlock it yourself but that depends on what phone your getting

DIGNAMPETER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Be careful when purchasing phones from the US. There are 2 different types of network there. Europe only uses GSM whereas USA uses CDMA and GSM. The likes of Sprint and Verizon are CDMA networks, AT&T and Tmobile are GSM. The GSM phones can be unlocked by paying a small fee . Verizon phone even though CDMA are unlocked for all GSM networks outside the USA so these are the phone to go for if using in europe. Hope that helped.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT buy Verizon/Boost/Sprint prepaid phones. While it's true that they're generally SIM unlocked, that's only true if a SIM slot exists. In most prepaid CDMA phones like Verizon, the SIM slots aren't available, because they're only useful for a type of 4G that generally is unavailable on prepaid plans. The Verizon/Boost versions of the Moto G are great examples of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls