Best way to get exposure

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey tempers. So long story short me and my gf started making our own animated sketches a while back, mostly just because it was a fun past-time in which we both could hang out with eachother. However we're actually starting to make "decent" stuff now and thus created a youtube channel to post the vids on.

So the question is, what is the best way to get exposure? Sure we think it's fun to make the vids, but it'd be kindof a bummer if no one got to see them. And with youtube beeing flooded with content (including our own) it's kinda hard to even get a little attention.

I don't think the vids are gonna be super popular or anything. Still, there's gotta be some people that have the same sense of humour as ours xD.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
start to share with your friends... if its funny enough they will love them and spread it..
usually facebook is a good place for this stuff i think.. if they are worth it, friends share on their wall...
you can also try on other places like reddit...
but usually having friends its the ideal..

and youtube is not the only video hosting service, there is also others like vimeo...
or ask permission to share them here and maybe gbatempers may like them...

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah already posted on fb, but since it's video game related not many people got the joke xD. Already posted on the youtube clip thread here (didn't wanna create a whole thread for the clip). The clips not that good i s'pose but it'd be good to get some feedback other than friends saying it was funny ;P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aw, here I thought this was going to be some kind of medical scam.

Alas build it and they will come is not so much a thing on the internet. I also assume this is best free (or about 700 SEK in a pinch) way of doing this. If you have the crazy money then you can advertise your way into popularity. More organic is possible but most will tell you it takes a long time.

What language are these in, if they need one at all? Dual language is an option if you would rather not go just in English.

If you are good you can trick your way into some kind of viral thing, however most of those that claim to have a handle on that I probably rate as lower life forms than SEO consultants.

Lesser variations on the theme include being guest animators for something more popular, or possibly an intro/outro/background/general animations type thing. If someone is more of a slideshow and looped captured footage type but the other parts carry it then some animation does not go amiss.

The usual "be featured somewhere people go" is always good. Many a blog, news site, podcast.... likes to have a "here is something funny/amusing/informative" I found when out on the internet, and if they did not just scrape it from slashdot/reddit/4chan/tumblr/popular on facebook/popular on twitter then so much the better. You can try for a (semi) regular spot on something as well but that heads more into self publishing territory where you probably want to already be known in some capacity.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, man this whole thing is so daunting of a task xD Still, i'll try to take into consideration some of the things you mentioned FAST.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you