Homebrew Best Slot 2 GBA rom player for DSTT

icewolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got a DSTT for my band new DS (trade in at eb games) While scouring for GBA emulation i found it it can't be done without an additional card, i'v seen the EZ Flash 3-in-1 recommended alot, but is it compatable with the dstt or do i need to get the one that came with the dstt in the review. Mine did not come with it, only the card and MicroSD card reader. The Box did indicate on the side that they were not included, (blank check boxes)

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From everything that I've read I believe that the EZ-Flash will work with the DSTT. I am kind of lookin for one too and not certain the EZ-Flash is really the one to get. I don't believe the bigger GBA games can fit on the cart but I'm not certain about that (I think it's got 128mbit capacity, but there were some 256mbit cartridges. Though I'd be pleasantly shown wrong if someone could tell me otherwise.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psy-Phi said:
From everything that I've read I believe that the EZ-Flash will work with the DSTT. I am kind of lookin for one too and not certain the EZ-Flash is really the one to get. I don't believe the bigger GBA games can fit on the cart but I'm not certain about that (I think it's got 128mbit capacity, but there were some 256mbit cartridges. Though I'd be pleasantly shown wrong if someone could tell me otherwise.
The EZF3in1 has 16MB (128Mb) of PSRAM, which is cleared once the DS is shut off, but has dramatically shorter copying times than NORflash. It takes about 5-10 seconds to copy a ROM and execute it via PSRAM.

It also has 32MB (256Mb) of the aforementioned NORflash; a ROM written to this will remain until a new ROM overwrites it. This is much slower than PSRAM, and can take upwards 2 minutes to copy over a 32MB ROM.

Psy-Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to sort of high-jack the thread, I had thought of posting something similar but didn't so...here I am now
tongue.gif
. Are there any flashcarts that don't have that limit? I bought an eCube years and years ago, which still works fine (had to path a few games myself by randomly testing hex positions....but it works). But I'd prefer a card that sits flush in the DS Lite. But I'd prefer something that I couldstick a MicroSD in or something.

I mean I guess you can still play everything which is great, but I would rather not have to copy games over before playing if I could. Hard to find lite sized slot-2 carts that have teh size of the older flashcarst (eCube for example is 1gbit, but I'd like 2 for all my games).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he's thinking of the amount of RAM, where the 3in1 has 16 MB while the Ewin has 32 MB. On the 3in1 however, 32 MB games can be written to NOR and launched like regular GBA games. If you've got tons of 32 MB games, the 3in1 will be less convenient, but otherwise you can use either NOR or RAM fairly easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.