Gaming Best RCA to HDMI for Gamecube/GBA player?

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I love using my GBA flash card as a retro gaming system with all the emulation available, and having the option to plug it into the GBA player makes it even better if I want to have it on a TV.

My question is, what is the best option to play the GBA player on an HD TV?
My TV has RCA input but there's video lag, and it's annoying to deal with.

Is there any RCA to HDMI converters that are lightning fast and look alright?

Help is appreciated.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd get better quality with component cables, so you should get component cables+component to hdmi instead.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'd definitely double-check to make sure that you actually have a GameCube that can use Component Video cables. Unlike the Wii, those needed a separate connector. If your GC does not have the digital-out port on the back, then the most you can do is S-Video for output. Sorry. :(

If you do, yes, Component cables are pricey, but oh so very worth it, especially since then all you need do is then just hold B on the controller as you're booting up a game (or the GB player), and you can enable progressive scan. Not as nice as the Wii auto-enabling it for you on a backward-compatible Wii system, but still better than the hoops you had to go through to even enable 480p on PS2 systems and games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse