Gaming Best racing on Vita? and is WRC4 available in NA?

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm not typically browsing the Vita section - last Sony console I owned was an original playstation. But 3DS is shit for driving games, which I love, and by chance I ran across a vid on youtube showing WRC4 on the Vita and was most impressed. But the more I look for info it seems maybe it's only available in Euro markets?? Is that right?

Besides WRC4, I also saw F1 2011 which also looked pretty good, and Need for Speed which looks like an excellent port though I'm less interested in that series than the more 'sim' oriented types.

But what else is happening on Vita for racing games? There's no Gran Turismo for Vita yet. I looked at the essentials thread (sticky) and saw Motorstorm RC on the list ... went to check it out and it's basically Rock-n-Roll Racing from the SNES days, without the fun. And arcade racing such as with Sonic or Wipeout 2048 are cool, but not really what I'm looking for. I like racing on (simulated) asphalt.

Am I miss any good realistic racing games on Vita? (Needs to be available in NA market.) Anything announced for future release I'd probably like?

(and before someone comments, yes I like other types of games too ... but ATM I'm specifically interested in realistic racing games on Vita)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as racing games that aren't kart racing games or futuristic racing games are concerned, there's Ridge Racer, Asphalt: Injection, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, MotoGP 2013, MUD: FIM Motocross World Championship, WRC 3, WRC 4 and F1 2011. There's another motocross game called MXGP: The Official Motocross Video Game scheduled for a March 28th 2014 release. Since you're interested in "simulators", you're probably not interested in the first three. As for the availability, I suggest checking the PSN Store. ;)

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i dont think there are any realistic Racinggames for the VIta.
Its not the Games, its the Vita. If it got shoulderbuttons like the PS3- or Xbox-Controller then yeah. ^^

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not that its all that realistic, but i'd love to see a good burnout game on the Vita...

R.I.P. Burnout Revenge

I miss those games too, didn't like the direction they went with Burnout Paradise though.
But, legends and dominator was REALLY and i mean really fun.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Never actually played either of those, I was so spoiled rotten by the Revenge game.

They worked as a good substitute for Revenge when you went to the toilet
:shit:

But that don't mean they stinked!

Legends was a lot like Burnout 3 and Dominator was like Revenge

I liked NFS:Most Wanted on PS3 haven't got around to getting the Vita version but i would say that might be your best shot....i also been playing Sonic Transformed i got off of PS+ recently

I don't know about you but i really thought i was going to like this version of the series, but i didn't.
One major turn off was the way you unlocked new cars, you just found them.

I do own the vita version, it was fun for a couple of days, but that's my opinion.

I can't help it, but i still love NFS 3, that's the one and only for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.