best place to get a Xeno GC chip?

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Diosoth, Jan 2, 2013.

Jan 2, 2013

Diosoth New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm in the market for a chip, I've been putting it off for years... and the Xeno GC looks to be my best bet since it's the one I can find most readily available and looks to be easy to install.. My cheapest option, if I want to wait for overseas delivery, is eurasia.nu at $17 shipped. Modchip Central is in the US but I'd be paying $29 shipped, though a return on a faulty DOA chip would be easier. if it were necessary. Before I order from either, is there a better place to get one?
    • Reporter

FAST6191 Techromancer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Didn't various pieces of source code get released at one point and people then make OEM versions- you might be able to build your own with the results of a trip to a proper electronics website. Granted that might be troublesome if you have to build a programmer as well.

If you do want to buy one though it seems most of my other sources have dried up and though I have not dealt with modchipcentral in some time both sites are longstanding with good reputations.

dilav New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Eurasia has are a very rep-able site as well. I have installed numerous of these and have not receive a DOA yet, most problems are due to installation and laser issues/tweak.

Yes,
    http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=XenoGC_Clone
    There are plenty of 1:1 clones around for cheap, however many chip sites do not carry chips for old consoles.

Diosoth New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'll probably order from Eurasia then, it'll be my cheapest current option. Unfortunately, by the time I pay the money for a programmer and components, and put the time in, I may as well just buy the stock chip.

I went ahead and ordered gamebits and a packet of blank mini DVDs, now I just have to order the chip.
    • Newcomer

plc268 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    raulpica likes this.

Diosoth New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I just registered over there to contact him, but I have to wait for them to activate my account proper before I can do anything.

Diosoth New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I got the chip from Mamejay. I sold off 3 Gamecube Zelda games for $75 last week, and between the chip, DVds and gamebits I used 1/3 of that to mod my console. I think I'll also buy an SD card adapter as well since DX has them cheap.

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    If you really wanted to, you can buy 10 xeno gc chips for $45 shipped on aliexpress. What you would do with the other 9 I have no idea.

Diosoth New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    What I need now are controllers. The main stick on my Gamecube controller is starting to go bad and I need to track down an official Nintendo replacement for cheap. I'm aware of all those off brand clones and how they tend to be junk. I also need a "classic" controller option as I sold my Hori controller for a big pile of money. I need it for the GB Player and any emulators. I'm not sure if I should go for one of those PS2-GB adapters, or get one of those off-brand pads that looks like a Wii classic controller but with a GC connector.

Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

Message Count:
    United States
    If you can solder, the joystick can be replaced
    • Newcomer

miguel503 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    assemblergames is a pretty good forum with a few dudes that sell these
    got mine shipped to CONUS from AUS for $10