Gaming Best place / Most Affordable to buy Cubic Ninja Japanese version?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I would wait a month or so. Since gateway only requires it once now you might get a good deal once that's been out for a while (I managed to pick up a US copy for $10 at a gamestop that had been used for the exploit). The other option (if you just want it for gateway) is find a temp member that has one and ship it off to them to install the 4.5 menu exploit.

StarOfDoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I would wait a month or so. Since gateway only requires it once now you might get a good deal once that's been out for a while (I managed to pick up a US copy for $10 at a gamestop that had been used for the exploit). The other option (if you just want it for gateway) is find a temp member that has one and ship it off to them to install the 4.5 menu exploit.

I don't really suggest doing this :P I would get one to keep just in case it messes up or you have to format SysNand... I installed it the other day, it was working, gave me device to a friend to make a mii (I was watching him making sure he didn't do anything stupid) and when I got it back after he made a Mii, the NVRam had been uninstalled and I had to re-install it.

blizzardcyclone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to get a cheap copy of the U.S. Version and now I just need an affordable Japanese copy. I'd even take a borrow from another member right now (I'd like to do the swap and turn my jap n3ds into a ntsc-u n3ds but also need a jap cubic ninja for this process.) any fellow members in NJ willing to meet up at like a Starbucks or Dunkin for a few minutes? Free coffee on me lol. I'm also in the process of working with another fellow member to borrow his copy, but I'd like to eventually own my own copy as well. But at least convert my system over in the mean time so I can play my games on my newly acquired jap n3ds

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
a hard copy of cubic ninja in japan is very very rare. the lucky few brought it from eShop.

i think you should look for a different path. get an american 3DS which is 9.2 or lower with that you can play jap games..

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't really suggest doing this :P I would get one to keep just in case it messes up or you have to format SysNand... I installed it the other day, it was working, gave me device to a friend to make a mii (I was watching him making sure he didn't do anything stupid) and when I got it back after he made a Mii, the NVRam had been uninstalled and I had to re-install it.

Even then what you could've easily done is install the bluecardfix.cia and set up the Gateway Blue card for installing the MSET exploit (DS Profile Exploit) so that later on if it does get uninstalled somehow, you can simply use the blue card to reinstall it. This way, there's absolutely NO NEED for Cubic Ninja anymore :) At least, not for Gateway :P

blizzardcyclone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys thanks for the responses. I'm not looking to play Japanese games or do homebrew, or Roms or anything like that. All I'd like to do is convert my jap n3ds to a U.S. N3ds. That's all :) This way I can play all my US 3DS games and do Nintendo Updated as normal. (I would keep the back ups of course in case I ever wanted to go back) But I really don't think I will ever want/need to. Hopefully this clears some things up. I know there's a tutorial on here on how to do this but it seems that both a U.S. And Jap copy of cubic ninja is required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D