Hacking Best option should I make stupid mistake in the future? 2k1

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2001 that is currently soft-modded with CFW 6.20 PRO-B8 and running perfectly. I haven't done anything else to it other than create some iso's from my UMDs and installed them to my memory stick.

Is there an application or two that I should install in the event that I screw something up (read: brick) that will get me back to a fully functioning unit? This is one of the 2001s that was only recently able to be modded as it has the motherboard that everyone tries to avoid. Hope that makes sense because I'm not the most knowledgeable with this stuff but I'm learning.

Thanks!

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know as long as you don't try to downgrade it past the firmware it originally have, and not try doing anything regarding flash0 (previous process of installing custom themes, not with CXMB, for example,) you'll be fine.

Also, every time you update (for example, going 6.39 or 6.60 CFWs in the future) there is a very small chance of a brick (because it writes to flash0,) so be sure to keep your PSP on AC power during those times and hope for the best.

And I think PRO has built in flash0 protection in case any other stuff tries to write on it.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellcats Recovery Flasher
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.