Hacking Best option for playing Super Metroid on the DS?

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS phat, and I want to play Super Metroid on it. I have an Edge card and an original R4, as well as an Ezflash 3-in-1. I tried using SNEmulDS but it doesn't work perfectly. Are there any better emulators I can use? Also, I saw the front page article about the DSTwo's SNES emulator. Does it run Super Metroid better than the R4 can with SNEmulDS?

The reason why I ask is because I'm willing to buy a DSTwo, but only if it's significantly better. I'm shocked that it's been five years since the first SNES emulator came out and Super Metroid is still buggy on the DS. I hear random chirping, and I have to mess with the layers every time I want to view the map/my equipment. And when I scroll to a new area I see artifacts from the previous screen.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS phat, and I want to play Super Metroid on it. I have an Edge card and an original R4, as well as an Ezflash 3-in-1. I tried using SNEmulDS but it doesn't work perfectly. Are there any better emulators I can use? Also, I saw the front page article about the DSTwo's SNES emulator. Does it run Super Metroid better than the R4 can with SNEmulDS?

The reason why I ask is because I'm willing to buy a DSTwo, but only if it's significantly better. I'm shocked that it's been five years since the first SNES emulator came out and Super Metroid is still buggy on the DS. I hear random chirping, and I have to mess with the layers every time I want to view the map/my equipment. And when I scroll to a new area I see artifacts from the previous screen.

I'm going to go try out Super Metroid on my SC DStwo, and report back on how it plays.

EDIT: SNESemulDS runs the intro fine, but zooms far to close to the screen, though you can adjust the scaling in the options. I've noticed a few slowdowns, but nothing major. When entering doors, the screen flickers just a bit. Major slowdown in the escape scene after Ridley.

The supercard's SNES plugin:
Much better overall. The slowdowns are few and far between (they still occur). Ridley's attack sequence isn't as slowed. The save screen flickers a lot though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: 112TB in this photo 😎😎