Hacking best ios and cios for Wii

firifire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to have the latest and greatest ios available for wii and so could you please tell me them and if possible provide a download link

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
use modmii by xflak to get the latest files.
Beforehand set your d2xciosx BETA settings in tab 4 of classic modmii.
Modmii will provide you with the latest active ios and the latest and higestcompatibilty ciosd2x and hermes cios.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Best IOS is IOS58 as it has USB 2.0 ;)

ios58 is a ios made by ubisoft for dance camera games.
Homebrew devs found out is has usb 2.0 acces.
It is used as a legal way to acces usb at 2.0 speed for homebrew.

If you are talking about backup loading this makes no sense what so ever.
ios58 does not allow backup loading and using as a base ios for cios will be incredibly slow.
my advice is the best solution.

Reactions: ratmandom

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ios58 is a ios made by ubisoft for dance camera games.
Homebrew devs found out is has usb 2.0 acces.
It is used as a legal way to acces usb at 2.0 speed for homebrew.

If you are talking about backup loading this makes no sense what so ever.
ios58 does not allow backup loading and using as a base ios for cios will be incredibly slow.
my advice is the best solution.
He asked what the best IOS and cIOS was. I answered the first question. :P
However I'm wondering, why would it be slow? The only reason I wouldn't use IOS58 for a cIOS is because of compatibility issues.

Reactions: ratmandom

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He asked what the best IOS and cIOS was. I answered the first question. :P
However I'm wondering, why would it be slow? The only reason I wouldn't use IOS58 for a cIOS is because of compatibility issues.
There is no "best ios". ios are instruction set that games can call upon needed.
The only game that uses ios58 is the mentioned camera game from ubisoft.
Hence the usb 2.0 functions.

And yes you are right, because of issues concerning compatibility for cios ( backup loading etc. )
This ios is used by homebrew to load homebrew apps at 2.0 speed from usb devices THE LEGAL WAY. No cios involved since this official ios was resleased.
Later it became a part of nintendo official 4.3 update ( before it only excited on the gamedisc using this ios ).

This is by no means a "best"ios as this clearly does not make any sense at all.
if I would have to make a pick I've would have said a system menu ios, as for most users this is mandatory. ( ios 30, 40, 50, 60 ,70, 80...) depending on what version of the sm they are.
The naming of the ios ( numbering) is to keep them structured in a simple way. ( slots )
Theoretically ( & practically ) the code from any slot can be installed in a different slot.
This is the way cioscorp/ darkcorp was setup. Most official ios were replaced with patched ones containing custom ios code. When a game called upon a ios ( slot ) that slot normally is loaded , but now containing a cios, making backuploading possible.

Nowaday usb loader can be directed to use slots, and an installment in a slot not used by nintendo will be sufficient. This way your official sytem files will stay untouched and you are just adding a cios ( or more ) to your existing file structure on wich the wii system relies on.
Normally this would be any slot number above 200. Because of historical reasons, we tend to like ios 249 and 250 as our basic cIOS slots ( Waninkoko slots )
also 222,223,224 are historical Hermes slots ( also a cios dev )
254 is where bootmii ios is installed.
As the years passed this structure was accepted as " norm " for softmods.

Nowadays it possible to install different slots containing cios other than the before mentioned slots. Yet the "Norm" stayed intact .
Some loader allow loading of different slots 247, 248 etc mainly for testing purposes than anything other. What code you have in those slots depends on how you've done your softmod.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is no "best ios". ios are instruction set that games can call upon needed.
The only game that uses ios58 is the mentioned camera game from ubisoft.
Hence the usb 2.0 functions.

And yes you are right, because of issues concerning compatibility for cios ( backup loading etc. )
This ios is used by homebrew to load homebrew apps at 2.0 speed from usb devices THE LEGAL WAY. No cios involved since this official ios was resleased.
Later it became a part of nintendo official 4.3 update ( before it only excited on the gamedisc using this ios ).

This is by no means a "best"ios as this clearly does not make any sense at all.
if I would have to make a pick I've would have said a system menu ios, as for most users this is mandatory. ( ios 30, 40, 50, 60 ,70, 80...) depending on what version of the sm they are.
The naming of the ios ( numbering) is to keep them structured in a simple way. ( slots )
Theoretically ( & practically ) the code from any slot can be installed in a different slot.
This is the way cioscorp/ darkcorp was setup. Most official ios were replaced with patched ones containing custom ios code. When a game called upon a ios ( slot ) that slot normally is loaded , but now containing a cios, making backuploading possible.

Nowaday usb loader can be directed to use slots, and an installment in a slot not used by nintendo will be sufficient. This way your official sytem files will stay untouched and you are just adding a cios ( or more ) to your existing file structure on wich the wii system relies on.
Normally this would be any slot number above 200. Because of historical reasons, we tend to like ios 249 and 250 as our basic cIOS slots ( Waninkoko slots )
also 222,223,224 are historical Hermes slots ( also a cios dev )
251 is where bootmii ios is installed.
As the years passed this structure was accepted as " norm " for softmods.

Nowadays it possible to install different slots containing cios other than the before mentioned slots. Yet the "Norm" stayed intact .
Some loader allow loading of different slots 247, 248 etc mainly for testing purposes than anything other. What code you have in those slots depends on how you've done your softmod.
Well, it is the best IOS for homebrew, and it makes sense in that way. But as you said, d2x base 56 and 57 are the best cIOS.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why nobody suggested the TO to use Modmii in conjunction with SysCheck to see and update the necessary files ?

- Download Modmii on your PC if you don't already have it.
- Download sysCheck from the download page 2 of Modmii, and put it in the app folder of your SD card and into the Wii.
- Run sysCheck on your Wii, this will analyze your Wii and create a sysCheck.csv file on the root of your SD card.
- In Modmii, select SU ( = syscheck updater for outdated softmods )
- Drag and drop your sysCheck.csv in modmii when prompted.
- Let Modmii do the rest for you and follow the next steps.
- Profit !

Problem solved ?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for this confusion, but i meant for like each slots
To get the latest version of official ios, you can perform an official update.
Even better is to use modmii as suggested above.
This will keep your softmod intact while updating your Wii system.

firifire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To get the latest version of official ios, you can perform an official update.
Even better is to use modmii as suggested above.
This will keep your softmod intact while updating your Wii system.
official update will remove all the good ios. and my system maneu is already latest.
anyways i want to know the each best ios cause some people recommend different cios made by different people for the same slot

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i already did and i updated my ios, but i think modmii only gets the latest rev of the ios made by that person and not give another ios which could be better.

Oh, my bad, I honestly thought that Modmii always gives you the latest and greatest, which should work OK for most people , unless you have some special need.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
By default, ModMii will install the latest "final" (i.e. official\stable) cIOSs. If you want to install beta d2x cIOSs, you can adjust ModMii's d2x beta settings (ModMii Classic --> 4 --> beta) and select a newer beta version. Once a beta version is selected, all of ModMii's functions, including the syscheck updater, will install those beta cIOSs instead of the default ones that came originally with ModMii.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr