Best grip for phat Vita? Worth it to get one with L2/R2?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by XC-3730C, Dec 15, 2016.

1. XC-3730C
    OP

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    I have a phat Vita that I just got and I was wondering which grip is best? I have seen ones with L2 + R2, and other than PS4 remote play (I don't have a PS4, but I do have a PS3), is there any use for those extra buttons? Don't some emulators use those? Is there a grip that has the extra buttons plus an extended battery?

2. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I've got 3 grips

1 is the shitty rubbery one for $5 from amazon, and it's a waste of 5 bucks to be honest
    https://www.amazon.ca/HDE-Trigger-H...UTF8&qid=1481942329&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+grip

I've got the l2 r2 grip from play-asia, and if you're not doing remote play, save your money. it's not great except for remote play, then it's pretty great

the best one is this one (imo)https://www.amazon.ca/CTA-CTAVITHG-...UTF8&qid=1481942329&sr=8-2&keywords=vita+grip

the longer, thinner handles make it VERY comfortable to use, without making it heavy

it's very solid

there's a nyko version that also contains a battery, but to be honest, I've never put 5+ hours in a session on my vita ever, so didn't see the point

afaik there is no l2/r2 grip that also has a battery

3. XC-3730C
    OP

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    I want the grip from Play Asia with L2 + R2 mostly for PS1 games viaRetroArch PCSX, but I read there was a way to do Remote Play with pretty much any PS3 games (unofficially).

I like that one also because it covers the who system, and I was lucky to get a Vita recently (that I loaded taiHENkaku on) that was in flawless condition, so I wanna protect it, and have the extra buttons at the same time.

How comfy is it? Some reviews suggest that it gets uncomfortable after a while.

Last edited by XC-3730C, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Tikker

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    it's ok? it's pretty flimsy to be honest. I don't trust that it would last a long time if you're putting it on, and removing it fairly often. it's not nearly as comfortable as the long arm one i posted previously, but it's much better than the naked vita

if that makes sense

5. XC-3730C
    OP

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    I have no plans to remove that one from Play-Asia once on. The other you reccomend doesn't look so appealing physically, and makes the Vita much less portable, in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. Tikker

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Well, that one slips on and off very easily tho.

It's very comfortable. To each their own tho, so it's nice there's a few options.

I like having both