Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
corr0126 said:
like what be more specific
If the topic is entitled is "Best Flash Card" then I'm talking about DS Flash cards. I ordered an Acekardi and updated it to use it on my 3ds. However I've read a lot of people having problems with their acekard's contacts (I had no prob with mine's) so I ordered a supercard dstwo just in case.

adammay02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i use an acekard 2i, I had to update it to work with mt 3ds as ive had it for quite awhile now.
but the new ones are pre flashed/patched whatever it is they do to it so it works in the 3DS straight out of the box.
also the game compatability is great, every rom ive placed on the card has worked perfectly straight away

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say the supercard dstwo because of its ability to play GBA games and the ability to not have to wait for an anti piracy patch. HOWEVER in terms of battery life if thats important to you go with the acekard 2i

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
sergster1 said:
I say the supercard dstwo because of its ability to play GBA games and the ability to not have to wait for an anti piracy patch. HOWEVER in terms of battery life if thats important to you go with the acekard 2i

The AK2i has a negligible battery advantage over the DStwo on the 3DS.

CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE3DS AK2i-- snailface's battery timer (3ds version)*
1st test: 6hr 20min 2nd test: 6hr 45min

3DS DStwo-- snailface's battery timer (3ds version)*
1st test: 6hr 35min 2nd test: 6hrs 30min
Hmm - so the DS2 re-test turned out to be similar to the original test, but the AK2 somehow 'improved' second time around... Weird

So even if we take the results (like I originally did) with the 'shortest time' being noted then the DSTwo still beats the AK2i (6h30m compared to 6h20m)

IF we however do it 'average battery life' then...
AK2i 'Av Battery Life': 6hrs 37mins
DStwo 'Av Battery Life': 6hrs 32mins

Not a lot in it then... seems as though the DSTwo is pretty much consistant with it's life but the AK2i can vary

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it shouldnt even be a question ,i mean if you want to spend 35$ that is
i would definitly go with the supercard dstwo,it has a gba and mame emulator,plus a dedicated snes emulator,and all the emulators have 10 slot save state with photo file selection
i got mine fro real hot stuff ,it was $35 they had it in stock and shipped from new jersey to me in boston and i got it in like 2 days free shipping and they offer insurance for $1 extra which i ended opting for,since it was only $1

i never used a acekard2i but it would be a good choice for a cheapy card,i was considering it till i found out about the dstwo

gautam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i no need any additional update to support 3DS,great .
Supercard DSTwo 3DS needs update,but almost can play all the games.
M3i Zero is working great on Nintendo 3DS console,and need update.
depends on which one do you choice?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
gautam, I don't think Acekard 2i worked without a update on the 3DS...

Only card that didn't need a update was Cyclo DSi (either because of it's DSi mode, or it's late release in term of the close 3DS release)

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
Only card that didn't need a update was Cyclo DSi either because of it's DSi mode, or it's late release in term of the close 3DS release)
what about the 1.4.2 update on the DSi that wasnt able to block it?

i think the best choice for DS/DSi games on the 3DS is the CycloDSi

caus909

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Supercard DSTwo only need to be updated (kernel flashing) once, to recognize 3DS.
Once it was updated, future updates will be 1 or 2 files replacement on microSD (thanks to integrated CPU).
Example : The update for 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 DSI was only 1 file replacement en microSD, useful if you first updated your DSI.

Mabel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would choose the cheap ace3ds card as the besrt ds flashcard for 3ds,i bought this ace3ds card as my son's birthday gift,he loves it so much,as it is the cheapest and simplest card .From what I've seen, it seems to be the best option right now.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
caus909 said:
The Supercard DSTwo only need to be updated (kernel flashing) once, to recognize 3DS.
Once it was updated, future updates will be 1 or 2 files replacement on microSD (thanks to integrated CPU).
Example : The update for 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 DSI was only 1 file replacement en microSD, useful if you first updated your DSI.

I would have to agree with caus909, the Supercard DS Two is a great card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there