Not open for further replies.

Naridar

Excelsior!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi everyone! I'm asking what's the best DS emulator available on Android. Speed and compatibility are the two most important things, visual glitches hardly bother me. Freeware preferred, but if it's not free, it isn't too much trouble.

I know of the following emus:
- Dsoid
- NDS4Droid

What's the general consensus? Which one is better? Is there a better one than one of these two? What performance can I expect on a Samsung Galaxy S Advance?

Thanks in advance for answering.

mrtofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
NDS4Droid can play FE: Shadow dragon quite well. DSDroid is another free one, but I think it may just be a copy of NDS4droid.

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a tough question, i'd say try out both and see which one fits best for you (minding you have a pretty high-end android phone that is)

In my experience dsoid is faster and not glitchy for me (I think the settings of the app are pre-set) and gets more updates than nds4droid so far and nds4droid is slower buuut alot smoother (in the latest update!) and is kinda glitchy sometimes only if your messing with the settings which it has and the developer of the app has his own website and twitter too (I havent been able to find even a trace of qingping online anywhere except his email address) but gets less updates than dsoid so it really depends on which's best for you.

I personally follow the guy working on the nds4droid project for updates and his work and because his ds emulator came out first, it was free and still is free (while dsoid is $1.99 in the play store) and i overall liked it better at the time but i agree with watchgintama, i think dsoid might be just a copy of nds4droid.

jumpman1229

SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly at this stage, both of these have run super slow for me. Almost unusable really. I tested this out on my Galaxy Nexus about 2 months ago and Diamond and Pearl were unusable as well as Mario Kart DS. There were also huge save issues back then but they may have resolved that by now. For me, NDS4Droid always ran a little faster and smoother but again, it was not very practical at all

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've always thought it's a shame that even with both the DS and Droid running on ARM processors that emulator apps still have to be run with dynarec instead of just being run in a creative virtual machine. Besides just the limitations of how Android forces you to program I'm sure it wouldn't be QUITE that simple but the general theory sounds cool in my head.

/semi-off-topic

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like posting "inb4...." messages, but I feel that this one is necessary: inb4 "Why don't you just buy a real DS"

WarMachine77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to bump this topic...
How does it run now in it's current state? Any good on the S4?
I have a DS, I'm just curious

Silithas

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bumping here too.

Has there been any nds emu's out there that supports quadcores?

Cause i just tried nintendogs on nds4droid, but i got like 1-2 fps.

Cause the free ppsspp emu that plays psp games quite well.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, thinking about Nintendogs running at 2fps makes me laugh hilariously.
/off topic

My friend has an S3, and I've seen them play Pokemon Pearl, without much slowdown.

Subhnish

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi everyone! I'm asking what's the best DS emulator available on Android. Speed and compatibility are the two most important things, visual glitches hardly bother me. Freeware preferred, but if it's not free, it isn't too much trouble.

I know of the following emus:
- Dsoid
- NDS4Droid

What's the general consensus? Which one is better? Is there a better one than one of these two? What performance can I expect on a Samsung Galaxy S Advance?

Thanks in advance for answering.
The best DS emulator for Android is Drastic DS Emulator. All other Emulators are based on the earlier release of Drastic DS Emulator. Techorfy gave the best Emulator for Android. Do check them out, there is some other Open source emulator which doing good like nds4droid and NDS boy.

Reactions: nero99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.