Homebrew Best controller for emulators and other games?

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later I will be picking up a controller for my wii, right now I am using the wii mote for playing emulators and ssbb and well it's bad I cannot get used to the feeling. I see that gamecube contoller would be best since I play gamecube games and ssbb but I hear that it's awkward to use for SNES and n64 games (I wouldn't know) I don't own one. Now I also see classic controller and the pro which looks good for emulation but can't use them for gamecube and ssbb would seem harder I guess?

Which controller is best for all that I mentioned? Also do the wii u fight pad work for everything?

deblon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For emulators the closest your will get to feel like it a retro controller is the classic controller. But if you would like to play gamecube and emulators then the wii pro controller is the best for both world.
Make sure your are buying the wii pro controller not wii u pro controller.

Last edited by deblon23,

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For emulators the closest your will get to feel like it a retro controller is the classic controller. But if you would like to play gamecube and emulators then the wii pro controller is the best for both world.
Make sure your are buying the wii pro controller not wii u pro controller.

I didn't know there was a wii pro controller. All I see is wii u one won't that work the same?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can vouch for the Classic Controller Pro. I own an original CC and it's okay but the CCP is far more comfortable to hold. It's the best overall controller for Wii and VC games, you can use it with GC games with Nintendont, and a bunch of Wii U games support it too.

deblon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by deblon23,

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can vouch for the Classic Controller Pro. I own an original CC and it's okay but the CCP is far more comfortable to hold. It's the best overall controller for Wii and VC games, you can use it with GC games with Nintendont, and a bunch of Wii U games support it too.

Thank you for nintendont I am using cios dios lite and I am reading nintendont is better.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best controller to use is the official controller for the console you are playing. You can get adapters to adapt a NES/SNES controller to the Wii controller connection. The same connection the classic controller plugs into. The same can be done for N64. Hopefully your Wii has GameCube ports. If it does, plug an official controller in to use with nintendont. Search Amazon.com and http://www.raphnet-tech.com/ to find these adapters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: