Gaming Best cheap 3DS games (no eshop)

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm looking for good 3DS games that are cheap ($20 or less). I live in Brazil and here games are awfully overpriced, but I have friends in the US who can help me import some games. Anyway, I was looking for cheap games and.... they usually suck! But I would like to know the exceptions. Here some guidelines:

- It's price must be equal or less than 20 dollars
- It must be in game cart format, not from the eshop
- The game must not be a port from other gaming system or PC
- One must say about how long the game last and about the presence or abscence of multiplayer, local and online

I appreciate any help :)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
If prices are similar there to the UK then Ghost Recon Shadow Wars sells for absolute peanuts these days and it's one of the best games on the system. It's basically as close to Advance Wars/Fire Emblem as the 3DS has for the time being. It'll last for ages, good campaign, challenges, 3 difficulty levels, character enhancements, the works. Well worth picking up.

clark2k

Trophies
Website
www.gbabrasil.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Ghost Recon is a pretty good game, and it may be found for less than $20.
I have all the top games of the system (excluding Kid Icarus) and this is still the most enjoyable (and longest) game for me so far.
It took me 88 hours to complete 100% of the game, including skirmish levels, and I had a blast at every hour played.
It has only local multiplayer but I had note have a chance to try it.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I can think of a few round here that aren't that bad for 20$. I know on amazon you can get nintendogs for less then 10$.
at a 20$ price there is:
Resident evil the mercenaries
Ace combat assault horizon legacy
Tekken 3d prime edition (actually at 21.99 new on gamestop, but hey, whats 2$ more for a game like that? its 19.99 used though)
Harvest moon a tale of two towns
Ridge Racer 3D
Lego star wars 3 (though if you have a flash cart, don't bother, ds version is less graphical but same thing)
Not a bad list, and this is all listed on gamestop, which normally prices things pretty ridiculous. If you look at the above titles on amazon (almost everything above 17-19$) You'll find these same titles and then some for 15$ and less/more depending. I know Dead or Alive Dimensions is selling for about 20$ on amazon. Hope this helps!

EDIT: Links for you sir, to gamestop usa and to some amazon pages
Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-3ds/games?nav=28xp0,131a2-d3-ffff2418
^This link starts at the lowest price for under 20$ ads games and rises.
Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...0713812&sr=1-99
^ the link to DOA dimensions I mentioned. Its borderline 20$ used

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I can think of a few round here that aren't that bad for 20$. I know on amazon you can get nintendogs for less then 10$.
at a 20$ price there is:
Tekken 3d prime edition (actually at 21.99 new on gamestop, but hey, whats 2$ more for a game like that? its 19.99 used though)
Ridge Racer 3D
Lego star wars 3 (though if you have a flash cart, don't bother, ds version is less graphical but same thing)
Not a bad list, and this is all listed on gamestop, which normally prices things pretty ridiculous. If you look at the above titles on amazon (almost everything above 17-19$) You'll find these same titles and then some for 15$ and less/more depending. I know Dead or Alive Dimensions is selling for about 20$ on amazon. Hope this helps!

I was actually browsing Gamestop's site recently since they have a great deal once in a blue moon and I noticed that Mercs 3D is only $20 used on there and the game's save can't be deleted, so you're better off buying new. Still it's about $20-$23 on Amazon new.

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't think there would be so many suggestions so soon ^^
The Ghost Recon Shadow Wars really caught my attention there, but I still have to see other games that were suggested. I'm grateful for the help, if anyone have any more suggestions keep them coming.

EDIT: There are many good options, might as well finish my Zelda OoT game sell it and buy some more of those (in Brazil I can sell an used game for more than i paid for it new in the us)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a quite scroll through Amazon's 3DS selection so here's my list:
  • Super Street Fighter IV: around $18
  • Pilotwings Resort: around $17
  • Nintendogs + Cats: around $13
  • Lego Star Wars III: around $17
  • Tetris Axis: around $16
  • Shinobi: around $16
  • TC's GR Shadow Wars: around $17
  • Rayman 3D: around $17
  • Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns: around $20
  • Tekken 3D Prime: around $21
  • Resident Evil: Mercs 3D: around $23
  • Samurai Warriors Chronicles: around $14 used
  • Bit.Trip Saga: around $20
  • DoA Dimensions: around $23 used
  • Dr. Lautrec: around $20
  • Ridge Racer 3D: around $20
  • Nano Assault: around $18
  • Ace Combat: around $20
  • Pinball Hall of Fame: around $18
That's about it and I can't attest to the quality of anything here.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also with guilds above post, it would be cheaper to buy all these from amazon, since they normally give deals on shipping, HOWEVER if the games come from multiple shippers, expect multiple different shipping fees. Some people only need the standard 3-4$ shipping, others will recover the cost of their selling the game cheap, by charging extra for shipping.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, i would suggest you to buy games from a canadian online store, called videogamesplus (www.videogamesplus.ca hope there's no problem pointing to that site here in GBAtemp). I never had to pay imports fee and the games were always delivered with zero problems, the only downside is that it can take up to 2 months to be delivered, but the price is worth.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also with guilds above post, it would be cheaper to buy all these from amazon, since they normally give deals on shipping, HOWEVER if the games come from multiple shippers, expect multiple different shipping fees. Some people only need the standard 3-4$ shipping, others will recover the cost of their selling the game cheap, by charging extra for shipping.

I tried to calculate in shipping prices for games that don't get free shipping on orders $25 or above. If a game is $20 with free super saver shipping you may as well get a pack of styluses or something to round it to $25.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Took a quite scroll through Amazon's 3DS selection so here's my list:
  • Super Street Fighter IV: around $18
  • Pilotwings Resort: around $17
  • Nintendogs + Cats: around $13
  • Lego Star Wars III: around $17
  • Tetris Axis: around $16
  • Shinobi: around $16
  • TC's GR Shadow Wars: around $17
  • Rayman 3D: around $17
  • Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns: around $20
  • Tekken 3D Prime: around $21
  • Resident Evil: Mercs 3D: around $23
  • Samurai Warriors Chronicles: around $14 used
  • Bit.Trip Saga: around $20
  • DoA Dimensions: around $23 used
  • Dr. Lautrec: around $20
  • Ridge Racer 3D: around $20
  • Nano Assault: around $18
  • Ace Combat: around $20
  • Pinball Hall of Fame: around $18
That's about it and I can't attest to the quality of anything here.
There are actually some pretty decent games on that list.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How come in the US Nintendogs is for 13$ and here in France it's still at 30€ in amazon, 40 on retailers?

I can't count the times France gets raped over videogames. In the UK Nintendogs it's at 19£, that's around 23€.

D

Deleted_171835

- Bit.Trip Saga
- Dead or Alive: Dimensions
- Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon

Those are some exceptional games under $20.

Super Street Fighter IV is apparently pretty cheap. It's the worst version of Super Street Fighter IV out there but it's still Super Street Fighter IV.
The only knock against it @OP is the lack of all those extra characters/stages that were added after it was released since DLC wasn't implemented. Otherwise, it's a fine port.

princecharmander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pilot Wings is a great game and will last you a good while if try to get 3 stars or perfect stars on everything. I bought it around Christmas for $5! :P

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
at a 20$ price there is:
Ridge Racer 3D

I was actually browsing Gamestop's site recently since they have a great deal once in a blue moon and I noticed that Mercs 3D is only $20 used on there and the game's save can't be deleted, so you're better off buying new. Still it's about $20-$23 on Amazon new.
If you eject the cartridge when it's saving (within a certain timing), you can corrupt the save file which will force the game to erase it.

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f1 2011 is the best racing game (besides mk7) on the 3ds right now. Its not half-baked like most sports games on the 3ds/handhelds. It's $20 on amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: