Best Budget Phone

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I am in the market for a new phone. I need it unlocked to use it on my carrier. My budget is 200-250 lower the better. Doesn't matter where I order it from Amazon, Ebay whatever. The ones I was looking at so far are the Honor 5X, Moto G (4th Gen.) or the ASUS ZenFone 3. No idea which one to get. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best budget phone to me is the previous year's flagships. You can find many second hand or refurbished for reasonable prices. I recommend checking out swappa or reddit, but ebay is a good choice too if you can find a seller with a good reputation and a fair return policy.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nexus 5x is pretty good, and it's only $200 new if you get it with project fi.

Pretty good service. Unlimited talk and text for $20/month with about $0.01/mB data. So if you use 1gB/month of data, that's $30 a month for your phone bill before taxes. Pretty good deal.

You also only pay for data that you use. So $10 for 1gB of data, but nothing for no data. Sometimes I only pay a few bucks a month for data - making my phone bill ~$25 after taxes for good service.

Last edited by x65943,

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these are good choices going to have to look into them. I was researching on my own and found the BLU LIFE ONE X2. It is only 200 and has 64 GB storage with 4GB Ram and a decent processor. Reviews look good also any thoughts? Also to x65943 how is the 5X is it a decent phone? Project FI looks really nice as I am paying 50 a month right now for my phone.

Last edited by kjb1686,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of these are good choices going to have to look into them. I was researching on my own and found the BLU LIFE ONE X2. It is only 200 and has 64 GB storage with 4GB Ram and a decent processor. Reviews look good also any thoughts? Also to x65943 how is the 5X is it a decent phone? Project FI looks really nice as I am paying 50 a month right now for my phone.

It's a really nice phone. It's not as powerful as the flagships from samsung and apple, but it's very fast - and has the added benefit of being developed directly by google, and getting all the latest android updates tailored by android's creators.

Along with the superior 6P, it was google's flagship phone this year. I love it.

Uncanny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That kinda depends on what your "budget" is:) EDIT: oops missed the part of 200-250 USD budget .. Huawei p9 lite is the best for the buck i guess

Last edited by Uncanny,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended