Gaming Best 3DS Fighting Game?

Orel1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'll be buying a 3DS soon and maybe also a fighting game, so I was wondering, which one is the best? I know of Dead Or Alive Dimensions, Tekken 3D and Super Street Fighter IV 3D. If there's anything even better feel free to suggest it :)

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOA dimensions.
Plenty of options, good graphics, dynamic/destructable backgrounds, multiplayer etc.
If you want a fighter as close to a console version that doesn't lose hardly anything by being portable, DOA dimensions is it.
I absolutely love it.
I'm a street fighter style player at heart, but this one kills street fighter imho.
Don't even go for tekken. Lack of options/play modes, static backgrounds, it's a bad release for a franchise that loved.

Reactions: 3 people

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOA dimensions.
Plenty of options, good graphics, dynamic/destructable backgrounds, multiplayer etc.
If you want a fighter as close to a console version that doesn't lose hardly anything by being portable, DOA dimensions is it.
I absolutely love it.
I'm a street fighter style player at heart, but this one kills street fighter imho.
Don't even go for tekken. Lack of options/play modes, static backgrounds, it's a bad release for a franchise that loved.

My exact sentiment, really. Love my SF, and when I have a fighting stick in my hands, it's my favorite go-to series. But on 3DS, I found DoA to be a better match. The combos and overall fighting system just work better, in my opinion, with this hardware. It also has a helluva lot of fun unlockables. The whole package is a pretty huge value. My only minor gripe is that the story mode is terribly ported. The cutscenes are so, so bad. But it's like complaining about wilted kale sitting next to a perfectly cooked steak.

Orel1996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'll be getting Uprising regardless of the fighting game I choose :P
DOA is the best then? Thanks :) I heard there's also a BazBlue game, you know how good that one is?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be getting Uprising regardless of the fighting game I choose :P
DOA is the best then? Thanks :) I heard there's also a BazBlue game, you know how good that one is?

Get it on a console, BB on a portable is horrible.(Tho, this version is, I've tried it and the controls are not responsive... >.>, the one on the PS Vita is good though.)

Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is awesome in most aspects, but online is pretty much screwed.(And it feels rushed as well.)

Tekken 3D Prime Edition feels like it is rushed like the hell, plays pretty good.

Dead or Alive Dimensions is great! So much off-line stuff! :D Only online is a bit buggy. Feels a tiny bit rushed but feels great and looks shiny.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you didn't even have a 3DS. How would you know.

Because I know what a fighting game is.

Saying Kid Icarus is a fighting game is like saying any multiplayer game is a fighting game. Street Fighter is a fighter. Marvel vs. Capcom is a fighter. Soul Calibur is a fighter. Kid Icarus isn't a fighter.

Suggest it as a game in general, but don't suggest it as a fighting game when there's at least 4 other fighting games on the 3DS to mention. Bring it up on a "suggest me a 3DS game" thread, not here.

I'm not trying to mindlessly hate on the 3DS or its games here, it's just common sense.

Reactions: 1 person

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Saying Kid Icarus is a fighting game is like saying any multiplayer game is a fighting game. Street Fighter is a fighter. Marvel vs. Capcom is a fighter. Soul Calibur is a fighter. Kid Icarus isn't a fighter.

Suggest it as a game in general, but don't suggest it as a fighting game when there's at least 4 other fighting games on the 3DS to mention. Bring it up on a "suggest me a 3DS game" thread, not here.

I'm not trying to mindlessly hate on the 3DS or its games here, it's just common sense.
He was implying that multiplayer matches feel a lot like fighting game matches (or more likely Smash Bros matches) and I agree. It feels a lot more like a fighting game then a shooter, or more specifically a third person shooter. It uses quite a few mechanics that are more often used in fighters such as the ability to dash, movement based attacks, and quick dodging. Something that would become fairly obvious to someone who actually plays the game.

Reactions: 2 people

goembario

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

He was implying that multiplayer matches feel a lot like fighting game matches (or more likely Smash Bros matches) and I agree. It feels a lot more like a fighting game then a shooter, or more specifically a third person shooter. It uses quite a few mechanics that are more often used in fighters such as the ability to dash, movement based attacks, and quick dodging. Something that would become fairly obvious to someone who actually plays the game.
Yup exactly the reason why I suggested it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'd personally choose Dead or Alive: Dimensions. It feels good executing combos and playing in a vast 3D environment.

Of course, SSFIV 3D is also not bad, but it doesn't feel as good as DOA being portable.

As for Tekken, it has good graphics and it has the movie but I heard it lacks a lot of content. There is a rumor that a new Tekken is coming though.

Lushay

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dead or alive dimensions forsure. If you're a 2D plane kinda guy you should get Street fighter 3D. Tekken prime isn't worth the money in my opinion. Lack of modes and horrible lag in online doesn't make it very fun.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Street Fighter 3D is the only one I've played, and it's a pretty great game. Very fun, though the occasional lag I've experienced in online is noticeably much worse than any other 3DS game I've played online.

And I second the sentiments of Kid Icarus: Uprising voiced by some here... multiplayer plays like a sort of simpler version of Smash Bros., but on a 3 dimensional plane. Though it's definitely not a fighting game the way most people think of when they hear the term "fighting game" (but then again, neither is Smash Bros.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands