Tutorial Beginner's Guide – How to setup your 3DS for gbatemp

What do you want to be added the most?

• Give us more CFWs to choose from when booting

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Improve the readme.txt and turn it into an awesome readme.html

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Add a working ninjhax 1.1b exploit that will launch old HBL & will be launched by using Cubic Ninja

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Make a guide for 9.3.0+ users (HBL only)

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Make a video of this

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Something else... (Please post suggestions and ideas)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey man, I just installed themehax 2.5 following this guide (it fixed wonkey boot up crap)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-2-5-on-themehax-manually.400784/

I'm on the route to updating my emunand because AS FAR AS IVE HEARD, its okay

Now I did pick up a couple tidbits here and there that say (DONT DO IT)

but I also saw a lot saying its totally fine. (I think I read somewhere that it (rxtools) wont support anything above 9.8) but nowhere on rxtools (with pasta!) does it say theres limited usage pertaining to firmware

so as far as ive seen on the handful of articles telling me how to update - you need to.....
1. MAKE SURE TO BOOT SAFE MODE TO CLEAR DOWNLOADED UPDATES
2. MAKE SURE EMUNAND AND SYSNAND HAVE SEPARATE "fjei6tewadjfkdsjrer" files in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder
3. BACK UP EMUNAND and SYSNAND

all three of these things were found on tutorials on this site (with other requirements)

there could be more..... im not worrying about updating JUST YET.... with this themehax 2.5, rxtools installer wont open
(Since I just now formatted my sysnand, rxtools was obviously uninstalled (I think!!!))

sorry lol, im totally new to this but LOVING IT

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but I think your the lucky bastard that has a n3DS on 9.2 lol. im using o3DS on 9.2 and ive got a n3DS on 9.5 -.- ALSO I have a o3DS on 9.3

so yeah..... only one fun box

quick update, new rxTools here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n90srun7o4y1fak/AACukQ9kuKwrIl8ru7rnK3vPa?dl=0

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just some researches for you guys: You have a much higher chance of getting an n3DS on 9.0.0 if you buy a white european one with a serial below XXX1010000000 . Hope this helps! :)

The old versions of rxtools were for o3ds only - stick to the last nightly build, as it's only been the recent nightlies that have supported n3ds.
How far can I go back? I keep getting the native firm 4 error.

The rxTools version I have included is perfectly alright for both o3DS and n3DS.

but I think your the lucky bastard that has a n3DS on 9.2 lol.

I had to buy 4 n3DSs until I understood things, so yeah.

BTW, the next thing I'm going to do is including the new *hax 2.5 . (thx to @smealum et al) (-> v0.9.6b)
After that, I'll add some more CFWs (suggestions welcome). (-> v0.9.8b)
Finally, I will do some overall improvements and stuff. (-> v1.0.0)
I just hope that there will be someone who can make a video of this tutorial when it reaches v1.0.0 (volunteers welcome).

Last edited by AileenLumina,

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, to update from *hax 2.1 to *hax 2.5, you just need to

0. do 4.1 if you haven't yet (see below). If there's no "auto.3dsx" on the root of your (micro)SD, then you most likely haven't done 4.1 yet
1. delete the file "webkithax_tmp.bin" which is on the root of your (micro)SD
2. download the latest HBL and put it onto the root of your (micro)SD

That's it.

If you want to update to the latest version of #UnlockEverything Act 1: 3DS, please wait until I release v1.0.0 .

readme.txt said:
4.1 Re-enabling the HBL (Using HxD to make themehax launch auto.3dsx (CtrBootManager) instead of boot.3dsx) (thx to @duwen )

4.1.0 You will need a computer for this.
4.1.1 Launch HxD.exe which is inside the "HxD" folder on your (micro)SD.
4.1.2 Click on File -> Open.
4.1.3 Open "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" which is on your (micro)SD.
4.1.4 Click on Search -> Find and type "boot.3dsx".
4.1.5 Change "boot.3dsx" into "auto.3dsx" by clicking right before "boot" and typing "auto".
4.1.6 Click on File -> Save.
4.1.7 Copy the content of the folder "re-enableHBL" to the root of your (micro)SD. Now you can launch the HBL by using browserhax again.

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey man, I just installed themehax 2.5 following this guide (it fixed wonkey boot up crap)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-2-5-on-themehax-manually.400784/

I'm on the route to updating my emunand because AS FAR AS IVE HEARD, its okay

Now I did pick up a couple tidbits here and there that say (DONT DO IT)

but I also saw a lot saying its totally fine. (I think I read somewhere that it (rxtools) wont support anything above 9.8) but nowhere on rxtools (with pasta!) does it say theres limited usage pertaining to firmware

so as far as ive seen on the handful of articles telling me how to update - you need to.....
1. MAKE SURE TO BOOT SAFE MODE TO CLEAR DOWNLOADED UPDATES
2. MAKE SURE EMUNAND AND SYSNAND HAVE SEPARATE "fjei6tewadjfkdsjrer" files in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder
3. BACK UP EMUNAND and SYSNAND

all three of these things were found on tutorials on this site (with other requirements)

there could be more..... im not worrying about updating JUST YET.... with this themehax 2.5, rxtools installer wont open
(Since I just now formatted my sysnand, rxtools was obviously uninstalled (I think!!!))

sorry lol, im totally new to this but LOVING IT

but I think your the lucky bastard that has a n3DS on 9.2 lol. im using o3DS on 9.2 and ive got a n3DS on 9.5 -.- ALSO I have a o3DS on 9.3

so yeah..... only one fun box

quick update, new rxTools here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n90srun7o4y1fak/AACukQ9kuKwrIl8ru7rnK3vPa?dl=0

Please do NOT use a manually 'updated' themehax version until I (or someone else here) took a closer look at it and approved that it's working. Better wait for yellows8 to update themehax.

And updating emuNAND is okay if you are using an 'old' 3DS and as long as you don't care about HBL, HANS and a fine working screenshot feature.

Edit: I have to correct myself, *hax 2.5 does work on 10.2.0 (source).

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update | v0.9.6b

New functions:

- updated the HBL to the latest version (2.5b) (thx to @smealum et al)
- included HANS (latest build) (thx to @smealum et al)
- included screenshot tool (thx to @smealum et al)
- a lot of minor improvements

(totally forgot to post this... oops)

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help... @AidanLumina

i follow the guide but i'm getting stuck at this point: 3.1.5 Press (A) to install themehax.

Because i get this error:
Invalid HTTP content-size: 0x0000a468 Failed to download the actual payload with HTTP: 0xfffffffd. Install failed: 0xfffffffd.

why? :(

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Help... @AidanLumina

i follow the guide but i'm getting stuck at this point: 3.1.5 Press (A) to install themehax.

Invalid HTTP content-size: 0x0000a468 Failed to download the actual payload with HTTP: 0xfffffffd. Install failed: 0xfffffffd.

Please check if you have internet connection when you're in the Homebrew Launcher. :)

Okay, I made a decision last night: I will make a "3DS CFW Installation Assistant" program. It will be called 3CIA and will be written in Java because there's almost no OS that cannot run Java. Stay tuned! :)

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help... @AidanLumina

Please check if you have internet connection when you're in the Homebrew Launcher. :)

I checked my the connection works as normal...but same error......it's not a connetion error i can also browsing if i want... it seems that the server's playload went offline :(

so i do follow this steps:

If you want to use rxTools, you need :
- the latest rxTools nightly : http://lavanoid.no-ip.org/
- the ninjhax2 version of rxTools :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...olkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/page-634#post-5699072
- The firmware.bin from reinand 2.1 cfw (can't link it here)

1. Create a rxtools folder in your 3ds folder an put the 3dsx and the smdh files.
2. Copy the rxTools folder from the latest nightly on your sd card root.
3. Create a data folder inside the rxTools folder and put reinand's firmware.bin inside. Rename the file 0004013820000002orig.bin.
4. Then start rxTools from the HBL.

And now i can load rx at the point: 3.1.2 and i boot directly to the emunand :D

I did well to do this? @AidanLumina
And if yes, what should i do now? skip directly at 3.2 point? ^^

thanks ^^

Last edited by Drakas,

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I checked my the connection works as normal...but same error......it's not a connetion error i can also browsing if i want... it seems that the server's playload went offline :(

so i do follow this steps:

And now i can load rx at the point: 3.1.2 and i boot directly to the emunand :D

I did well to do this? @AidanLumina
And if yes, what should i do now? skip directly at 3.2 point? ^^

thanks ^^

No, you mustn't skip that step, you have to install themehax in order to coldboot into any CFW. Try to download the latest version of the themehax installer and replace the old one with that. :)

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sure i'll try in few minutes thanks :D

Another question...my emunand is RX9.0 version.....could i update to 9.5? :D

As far as I know, it is already on 9.5, the settings app just shows the version of your sysNAND when you formatted your emuNAND. Even if this would not be the case, you are not able to update your emuNAND if you are using a new 3DS. (Additionally, I don't think randomized themes and so-called stability improvements are that worthy, but that's just my personal opinion.)

Reactions: Drakas

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I know, it is already on 9.5, the settings app just shows the version of your sysNAND when you formatted your emuNAND. Even if this would not be the case, you are not able to update your emuNAND if you are using a new 3DS. (Additionally, I don't think randomized themes and so-called stability improvements are that worthy, but that's just my personal opinion.)

1) Wow great and what can i see the real version of my emunand? :)

2) I'm trying the new version of themehax, shoud i restore your rxtool folder or go with mine that could boot on HBL?^^

3) I read that themehax only works if nands are unlinked...shoud i reformat my sysnand first? :)

Last edited by Drakas,

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) Wow great and what can i see the real version of my emunand? :)

2) I'm trying the new version of themehax, shoud i restore your rxtool folder or go with mine that could boot on HBL?^^

3) I read that themehax only works if nands are unlinked...shoud i reformat my sysnand first? :)

1) It's 9.5. There's also no need to know that afaik.

2) Just keep yours.

3) You don't have to if you already formatted sysNAND after formatting emuNAND.

Reactions: Drakas

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks [emoji4]

Oh my god... But I never format my sysnand.....maybe I miss a point before the 3.1.2? xD
So I'll format it and then I'll proceed with the theme hack ? Right? :)

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks [emoji4]

Oh my god... But I never format my sysnand.....maybe I miss a point before the 3.1.2? xD
So I'll format it and then I'll proceed with the theme hack ? Right? :)
You didn't yet because that's 3.2.1 ;)
Better continue with 3.1.4 after you copied the latest themehax installer to your (micro)SD to avoid errors.

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You didn't yet because that's 3.2.1 ;)
Better continue with 3.1.4 after you copied the latest themehax installer to your (micro)SD to avoid errors.

Ok i'll do it :D

But i have a doubt: if i start at point 3.1.4, i have to install two times themehack (points 3.1.5 and 3.2.7). Why i need to install it twice? :)

AileenLumina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok i'll do it :D

But i have a doubt: if i start at point 3.1.4, i have to install two times themehack (points 3.1.5 and 3.2.7). Why i need to install it twice? :)
Because of the fact that themehax is installed to the sysNAND's theme which is resetted during sysNAND formatting, you have to install it again afterwards. ;)

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because of the fact that themehax is installed to the sysNAND's theme which is resetted during sysNAND formatting, you have to install it again afterwards. ;)

Thanks man :D

Last question (sorry i'm so n00b)... I'm confused becouse i read this:

themehax only work if your emunand are unlinked (to unlink the nand, format your sysnand with the micro-sd card out)

So is it correct to use themehax in sysnand linked? Shouldn't skip the 3.1 points and go directly to 3.2 points (and there install CBM and freemultipatcher)? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs