Hacking Been out of the Vita scene for a while. What's new that I can do?

ThomasRobertWade

OP
Trophies
XP
I've not really been involved with the Vita scene since Ironhax came out on the 3DS last August, but at the moment I'm on the latest firmware, with the same VHBL bubble I've had since 3.35. I did have it on 3.51 for a while to use Rejuvenate, but I decided to update to the latest in November. I'm now wondering what can be done now on 3.55, since August. Is there a new version of TNX that can be used to get PSX emulation with sound, or is there some sort of workaround? That's the main thing I want from the Vita homebrew scene now that the 3DS emulates classic consoles decently.

Thanks if you know of anything you can update me on.

D

Deleted User

Why did you decide to update your Vita twice exactly?
Also, do you have a PS3?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

I was trying to get online in PSO2, because I felt like playing for a bit.
Ah, that's understandable now! I don't think the Firmware spoofer would've done the trick either.. :/

Nevertheless, you are updated now, and there's not really much you can do about it now.

Speaking of not much you can do, for 3.55 users, you can only purchase Minina Lyar Chronicles from the online PS Store (USA and JP users only) and perform a savedata exploit to install a TN-V bubble or an ARK-2 bubble. (TN-V is better IMO).

ThomasRobertWade

OP
Trophies
XP
Ah, that's understandable now! I don't think the Firmware spoofer would've done the trick either.. :/

Nevertheless, you are updated now, and there's not really much you can do about it now.

Speaking of not much you can do, for 3.55 users, you can only purchase Minina Lyar Chronicles from the online PS Store (USA and JP users only) and perform a savedata exploit to install a TN-V bubble or an ARK-2 bubble. (TN-V is better IMO).
Is there anything for PAL users?

D

Deleted User

That's a shame. It would have been nice to play some old PSX games on my Vita.
maybe you could buy a normal, cheap PSP-1000 or something. They're only about £30 in the UK now. But I guess you would want nice high-definition graphics using the Vita.

D

Deleted-355425

If you can find a ps tv on 3.20 (launch day) then you can play all the psp/ps1 Isos perfectly all day long :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I say this if you have a PSP already hacked then you have already got what the PSVita has, so nothing new! I was really hoping that the web browser hack would lead to something but it has been around along time now and nothing yet has happened with it :( My 3.01 Vita has that much dust on it, it probably wont work anymore in fact I cant even remember now how to activate the hack anymore to access ePSP! last time I dragged my Vita out was for the Rejuvenate hack trying to get the dev menu on it but I gave up in the end with frustration and lets face it it was nothing special anyway in the end! the only rejuvenation it gave me was ageing with all the stress, it certainly never made me feel young again!!!!

Last edited by Reecey,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I say this if you have a PSP already hacked then you have already got what the PSVita has, so nothing new! I was really hoping that the web browser hack would lead to something but it has been around along time now and nothing yet has happened with it :( My 3.01 Vita has that much dust on it, it probably wont work anymore in fact I cant even remember now how to activate the hack anymore to access ePSP! last time I dragged my Vita out was for the Rejuvenate hack trying to get the dev menu on it but I gave up in the end with frustration and lets face it it was nothing special anyway in the end! the only rejuvenation it gave me was ageing with all the stress, it certainly never made me feel young again!!!!

Well Rejuvenate is a pain to get going (took me about six attempts, loads of reading up/tutorial videos) and the most use I have for it is SNES emulation which whips what was capable on the PSP, and testing other emulators. So getting it working depends on how much you want decent SNES emulation, from my perspective! And there's the potential for other useful stuff in future I guess. Remember it's still only been around 6 months and the Vita is trickier to code for, it's not fair to expect miracles in that time IMO.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you could buy a normal, cheap PSP-1000 or something. They're only about £30 in the UK now. But I guess you would want nice high-definition graphics using the Vita.
You aren't going to get that on a Vita, either. It'll be worse, actually, due to needing to stretch to an even bigger screen.

D

Deleted-355425

It still makes for the best ps1 portable though, especially now we have L2 and R2 grips for both models :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1