Hacking Been out of the scene for a while, help?

dalc789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I haven't really looked at any 360 hacking stuff in around 4 years or so, and I recently saw videos about JTAG and RGH and freestyle dash and got interested again. The problem is, even after doing some research, I'm not sure where to start. Looking at DinohScene's sticky, I have a stock Falcon 360 with dash 12611, so I can do RGH. Is there any definitive tutorial for how to do this? Exactly what do I need for this and how much would it cost me?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well you'll need a NAND-X (or homemade LPT cable) which costs roughly 40 quid.
And a Coolrunner chip (20 quid) plus programmer cable which is only a quid or 2.

As for the tutorial.
Update to to 14699 (can be found on Filetrip) and follow this tutorial.
Combine it with JRunner and you should be good to go ;]
Jrunner has install guides for Phat and Slim (both NAND-X and glitchchip)

dalc789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, quick response. Thanks for the tutorial link, it all seems mostly straightforward (maybe aside from soldering, but I know someone who can help me with that). Got a couple questions though. You're telling me to update my dashboard to 14699, but the tutorial is saying 15574 under the required applications/files section. Also, at one point, it says "Back at the command Prompt, enter the following command for Slims and non BB Jaspers". Since my console is a Falcon, do I still need to do this? Also, I'm looking at where to buy the nand-x and coolrunner, just wanna make sure I'm looking at the right items:

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-nandx-rgh-edition-jtag-kit-v3-p-916.html
http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/xecuter-coolrunner-rev-c-p-982.html

These look like they come with the programmer cable for the Coolrunner. Lastly, When I'm done with the NAND-X, what do I do with the wires used to solder it? Are those points/wires also used with the coolrunner?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dash 14699 is easier to glitch (requires RGH1)
Besides it has far better boottimes and stability then RGH2.

As for the command prompt thingy, you can use Jrunner to dump the NAND.
It's much more simpler with Jrunner then with NANDpro itself.

As for the hardware.
Those would do the trick yep.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dalc789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank's a bunch for your help :)
Hopefully I can bum the nand-x and coolrunner off of somebody for christmas :P

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
dalc789, if I am not mistaken you must keep the coolrunner in your system after installation. However you could borrow a nand-x for RGH'ing an Xbox 360.

I was able to find a RGHd 360 for $100 this season, saved me a lot of work and came with a hard drive too. Learning how to RGH/JTAG is definitely a fun experience though, and I recommend giving it a go if you have the resources available to you :]

dalc789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the coolrunner does need to stay in. Too bad I don't know anyone with a nand-x I could borrow.

And I would prefer to do this myself. Got jipped once trying to buy a jtagged 360.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@PDragon, their both the exact same yep.

As for OP.
Be sure that you take caution when soldering.
The points are small and it's easy to mess it up.

Other then that, once it's done, pop in the XeXMenu Live CD found on File trip and follow the pastebin link.
This will allow you to prep a HDD ;]

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd take a J-runner programmer over nand-x. J-runner can do the same + program sonus and is only a little bit slower than the nand-x at reading nand, but is cheaper.

dalc789

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'll take a look at J-runner. And as for the small points, I've noticed lol. I'm pretty sure I have an old xenon board lying around somewhere I can practice on first.
One last question. The tutorial you posted mentions dashlaunch settings to boot xell with the eject button. That means I can boot the stock dash with the normal power button right? Would I be able to updated that after I have everything else installed to play live on the stock and have xell too?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
XeLL is auto booted when you press Eject (if you don't fuck around in the settings)

The stock dash is booted with the Guide or Power button.
But I advise you to install Freestyle dash and set Dashlaunch to Autoboot FSD.
It's way more customizable then the stock dash + it allows you to boot .xex files (extracted games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s