Hacking Be careful before/after you register for the Nintendo Developer Portal!

Sticky?

• Yes

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Kingy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, time to explain some things.
This will be added to the OP as well as this is starting to make me mad.
First of all, if you are talking about this, at least quote this or tag me. That is like talking behind my back.
Also, don't say I didn't warn you when you get sued by Nintendo. It is your fault.
And last, but not least, don't say I make it like I said 'You will 100% be sued lol.' Because I didn't. When did I say the chances of being caught?

Welp, see ya.
Hello! You may have registered for Ninty's Dev portal already, but I have got to tell you some things you must remember so you aren't in any legal issues.

let's start off with a quote by @TheCruel:
Don't sign up unless you actually plan on releasing something on eShop. Otherwise it's worthless and you're just signing away your ability to contribute to homebrew documentation/REing (e.g. can't contribute to 3dbrew or ctrulib).

The most important thing is that if you're under NDA, you cannot contribute to homebrew or emulator development without putting those projects at risk of being shutdown.

You may not care about yourselves, but do you really want to risk killing projects like ctrulib, citra, luma, decrypt9 and others though contributing without understanding the legal dangers you put them in?

So, let's start off simple, please read the NDA! A lot of people are like "Eh, I don't care about your legal info, I'll just click I accept." But this is a really stupid move. It'll tell you what not to do, so you don't get C&D'd, sued, etc.

As much as I love the homebrew, please don't use the SDK for homebrew creation!, as this is breaking the NDA.

And DO NOT ever leak the tools, this is stupid idea that could get you sued. This is also infringing against copyright.

(Thanks @VinLark) DO NOT share your creations. You can upload it to the eShop if you have a dev unit 3ds though.

(Thanks ultramario1998 at /r/3dshacks) You're also not allowed to talk about the contents of certain documents that may or may not be on the portal (eg dev kit prices, lotcheck requirements, &c)

If I forgot some stuff, please post them here.

Also,

Stay safe!
cya!

Last edited by Kingy,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, having a background with C&D from Activision for my work on Guitar Zero 2, this is some of the worst shit that could have hit this forum. People complain about the IOSU leaks being bad, but frankly, those leaks are the only thing keeping the community alive right now. On the other hand, this could kill it if it results in a C&D on the board.

D

Deleted User

This community is only surviving on the hope of "someday we will get IOSU exploit". Nothing much else...I love the Wii U. It has tons of potential. I don't want to see my chances of unlocking what potential this console has on some shithead leaking the SDK. The real homebrew releases to hopes and dreams is basically 0:1. The IOSU exploit will help the Wii U community for sure.

Reactions: Kingy

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Aaaaand Ryanrocks462 has done this countless times in the past (before they were just deleted in a flash)
Ryanrock was the biggest COCK going, he destroyed online play on FW5.3.2 when it was possible even when the system was updated! It was his fault when he went online and posted pictures up here on GBATemp shouting from the top how great it was and then Nintendo decided to then put the block on online play below the latest firmware! Trust me that guy has alot to answer for within the scene, he let many down back then, OK fair enough it doesn't matter now with spoofing but it did back then members where pissed at him!!! :gun:

Edit:- oh yeah I forgot the most important bit as well, he was also using a hack as well in Mario Kart 8 to boot and posting pictures up doing it online!

Last edited by Reecey,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I shit on NDAs the same way I shit on piracy laws. People all around the world dump 3ds games and don't get sued. Personally if I registered to Ninty's dev portal I'd take off that ridiculous chain chomp and share my wares that I made with the sdk (not here of coarse).

Oh and if you don't like my opinion I don't care. Rules are meant to be broken... SDK =
Ani_smb3_chainchomp.gif

buuut I have no need for the sdk anyways lol

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shit on NDAs the same way I shit on piracy laws. People all around the world dump 3ds games and don't get sued. Personally if I registered to Ninty's dev portal I'd take off that ridiculous chain chomp and share my wares that I made with the sdk (not here of coarse).

Oh and if you don't like my opinion I don't care. Rules are meant to be broken... SDK =
Ani_smb3_chainchomp.gif

buuut I have no need for the sdk anyways lol

That's fine, but as you said, don't associate that behaviour with us, not everyone here does as you do.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did some have a link to download unity for wii u? I know you cant post those kind of links in gba temp so pelase if you have one sent it to me by private

CJB100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did some have a link to download unity for wii u? I know you cant post those kind of links in gba temp so pelase if you have one sent it to me by private

How about no, no asking for warez please especially when the thread is more or less about not asking for warez lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1