Gaming Bayonetta: The Complete Package (B1 & B2) for Wii U!

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Just a Little explanation for the Sony and MS fan boys from Kamiya

I think I have discussed this many times before but here goes… First of all, we [Platinum Games] are developers and receive support from publishers by making games that they
request or suggest. As for Bayonetta, we developed the game after signing a deal with SEGA. Later it was decided to also develop the sequel, so we started working on Bayonetta 2. When development had progressed to a certain degree, in SEGA’s situation it
turned into “This isn’t a good plan”, so development halted temporarily. Without funding we didn’t have the possibility to continue development, but we wanted to get this partially developed Bayonetta 2 available to the public one way or another. So we offered it to various publishers, but as it is a big title, we couldn’t find a partner company. Finally, Bayonetta 2 was about to get terminated completely, when… Nintendo came in and lent a hand and we were able to restart the development we so desired. Finally the game was released last week, so in five years, we were able to make Bayonetta 2 available to the public. Knowing those circumstances, if someone is still angry for heading towards Nintendo, I wonder what’s the reason for that, wouldn’t you tell me in a way that is easy to understand? As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too… — Hideki Kamiya

Reactions: LightyKD

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official US eShop pricing revealed

Bayonetta 2 - 50 USD
Bayonetta 1 - 10 USD

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/239181-wii-u-eshop-buy-bayonetta-2-for-50-get-bayonetta-1-for-10

WHAT UTTER BULLSHIT!

I thought this game duo was going to be two split 30 dollar purchases. I don't want to be forced to buy Bayo 2 in order to play Bayo 1. Should have known this shit was going to happen when I saw that there was no eShop page for Bayo 1. Thank you Nintendo for fucking your customers again!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Bayonetta 2 - 50 USD
Bayonetta 1 - 10 USD

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/239181-wii-u-eshop-buy-bayonetta-2-for-50-get-bayonetta-1-for-10

WHAT UTTER BULLSHIT!

I thought this game duo was going to be two split 30 dollar purchases. I don't want to be forced to buy Bayo 2 in order to play Bayo 1. Should have known this shit was going to happen when I saw that there was no eShop page for Bayo 1. Thank you Nintendo for fucking your customers again!

...Fucking your customers by giving you $10 off an all-new game, and making you pay only the full price of one new game to get them both?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Fucking your customers by giving you $10 off an all-new game, and making you pay only the full price of one new game to get them both?

I'm sorry but people shouldn't be forced to buy the second game in order to be able to play the first. I get that this ensures that Nintendo/Platnum gets you to buy both games but it stops many from being able to just start out with Bayo 1 before jumping into Bayo 2

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but people shouldn't be forced to buy the second game in order to be able to play the first. I get that this ensures that Nintendo/Platnum gets you to buy both games but it stops many from being able to just start out with Bayo 1 before jumping into Bayo 2

In other words, they want to sell copies of their new game over copies of their old game, that primarily exists on the current platform as a perk for buying the second one. What an absolute shock!

I'm sorry, I really hate it when people throw around the term "entitled gamer" to dismiss others' arguments, but here I think it's a perfectly valid accusation: They're giving you an all new game for $10 off, giving you an option to bundle an enhanced port of an old game for the same $60 price as one all-new game, and all you can think about is how you can't buy the old game cold for half price. If that isn't the definition of entitled, then I don't know what is.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bayonetta 2 - 50 USD
Bayonetta 1 - 10 USD

WHAT UTTER BULLSHIT!

I never thought of that.
I thought Bayo 2 is gonna sell for 60$ and when you buy it they email you a Bayo 1 code.
You must live in a dream world if you thought that the game is gonna cost 30 $.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I wouldn't go that far. One of them is a port of a 4 year old game, after all. ;)

Its still a really good game lol.
But i guess age makes it worse? They still did develop the game and all.
I find it fantastic that they are giving away Bayonetta 1 with Bayonetta 2.
The game is actually free when you buy Bayo 2 and if you played/have Bayo 1 on PS360 then you can get Bayo 2 for cheaper aka 50 bucks.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought you get B1 for free when you purchased B2. Never thought they handled the sales of B1 as a DLC instead.
It kind of has the same effect, regardless. Either way, you're getting both games for $60, the price of one new AAA game, or alternatively, only one of them for $10 less.
Its still a really good game lol.
But i guess age makes it worse? They still did develop the game and all.
I find it fantastic that they are giving away Bayonetta 1 with Bayonetta 2.
The game is actually free when you buy Bayo 2 and if you played/have Bayo 1 on PS360 then you can get Bayo 2 for cheaper aka 50 bucks.

I'm not saying age makes it worse, it just makes it less financially valuable. You can get the original on 360 or PS3 for roughly $12 at GameStop. I don't think the Nintendo-themed costumes and improved frame rate are enough to make it worth $60 again.

Exclusive Nintendo first-party games, maybe - I don't think Bayonetta 2 will be one of those games. ;)
Sadly, you're probably right. I bought The Wonderful 101 new only about 4 or 5 months after it released for only $20. Sadly for the devs that is, not the gamers who get to buy it at a bargain price.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It kind of has the same effect, regardless. Either way, you're getting both games for $60, the price of one new AAA game, or alternatively, only one of them for $10 less.

I'm not saying age makes it worse, it just makes it less financially valuable. You can get the original on 360 or PS3 for roughly $12 at GameStop. I don't think the Nintendo-themed costumes and improved frame rate are enough to make it worth $60 again.

Sadly, you're probably right. I bought The Wonderful 101 new only about 4 or 5 months after it released for only $20. Sadly for the devs that is, not the gamers who get to buy it at a bargain price.

Yeah yeah, i was just treating it as a new game lol but the point that you get Bayo 1 for free is still valid.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as Bayonetta 1 being DLC is concerned, I was lead to believe that the game was supposed to be an integral part of Bayonetta 2, at least that's how I understood the promotional material. It's pretty misleading on Nintendo's part, but that being said, it's beneficial for all those who have played the original already and are only interested in the sequel. The two should be treated as separate games though, so that anyone who hasn't could first buy the original and then play the sequel - that sounds more reasonable to me.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as Bayonetta 1 being DLC is concerned, I was lead to believe that the game was supposed to be an integral part of Bayonetta 2, at least that's how I understood the promotional material. It's pretty misleading on Nintendo's part, but that being said, it's beneficial for all those who have played the original already and are only interested in the sequel. The two should be treated as separate games though, so that anyone who hasn't could first buy the original and then play the sequel - that sounds more reasonable to me.

I think that's already the case? I think the complaint that Lighty has was how he couldn't buy the two games separately (Bayonetta 1 first, then later Bayonetta 2) for a combined price of $60.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think that's already the case? I think the complaint that Lighty has was how he couldn't buy the two games separately (Bayonetta 1 first, then later Bayonetta 2) for a combined price of $60.
Yes - you have to invest in the sequel without even playing the original, which shouldn't be the case. The first game and the sequel should be released separately on the digital market wheras the limited edition box set should have the compilation. Sorry, it's almost 2AM here, my ability to string together coherent thoughts is limited right now. :P

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Exclusive Nintendo first-party games, maybe - I don't think Bayonetta 2 will be one of those games. ;)

Oh it will, especially the exclusives.

You're in US and guess what, in Europe the game still costs as much as a newly released title so that doesn't really reflect over here.

You guys are lucky that Wii U games are a lot cheaper over there than here, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate here goes for £40+ (and you guys only pay like $20 for it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: