Bayonetta 1 and 2 is being teased for the Nintendo Switch

ddx1wixumaa0_8f.jpg

It appears that Platinum's new Japanese twitter account has tweeted the above images in the famous neon Joycon colors of neon red and blue. Could it be a potential tease for the fan favorite Bayonetta series to release on the Nintendo Switch? With the Bayonetta creator recently announcing that he does indeed have plans for Bayonetta 3 it would make perfect sense for Platinum games to re-release the first two games on the switch so the fans can enjoy the whole trilogy!

:arrow: Source

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Maybe they're hoping sales of B1+2 on the Switch will be good and then they'll release B3. Platinum Games, please don't go down that route.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot that Bayonetta 2 existed because it was a Wii U exclusive.

You bastard. I don't like to be that kind of person, but I'll do so anyways, you really missed out, it's a fantastic game in my opinion. Edginess on a Nintendo console is a rather unique treat after all.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, hey, more ports on the Switch :rolleyes:
Don't buy it.

In normal circumstances, ports are rather ho-hum, however this has three mitigating factors:
1) The Wii U was not a widely owned console, so many people missed out on its games the first go around.
2) Bayonetta 1 was only available in limited quantities for the Wii U
3) The Switch is not merely the next Nintendo home console, but brings the added utility of being portable. Bayonetta was not available on-the-go in its original form.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You bastard. I don't like to be that kind of person, but I'll do so anyways, you really missed out, it's a fantastic game in my opinion. Edginess on a Nintendo console is a rather unique treat after all.
Angry Video game nerd adventures is on Wii u and 3ds. Full of mature content. :P
Don't buy it.

In normal circumstances, ports are rather ho-hum, however this has three mitigating factors:
1) The Wii U was not a widely owned console, so many people missed out on its games the first go around.
2) Bayonetta 1 was only available in limited quantities for the Wii U
3) The Switch is not merely the next Nintendo home console, but brings the added utility of being portable. Bayonetta was not available on-the-go in its original form.
1) True. Even the sales of Mario kart 8 couldn't sell well cause people didn't buy enough consoles.
2) Umm digital download exist for a reason, and if i remember, it was separate purchase from the complete set for $60, $30 each on eshop.
3) If is $60, I'm not buying it on switch, maybe a discount for $40 or 30, but not $60. I don't pay the same amount for a port if i already own it, it doesn't give enough incentive to get the port. It would have to have plenty more features that wasn't part of the original and meaningful purposes.

The interesting question i have is will Bayonetta 3 have dlc? Somehow they managed to make two games with no DLC at all. Nice job Platinum games. :)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) True. Even the sales of Mario kart 8 couldn't sell well cause people didn't buy enough consoles.
2) Umm digital download exist for a reason, and if i remember, it was separate purchase from the complete set for $60, $30 each on eshop.
3) If is $60, I'm not buying it on switch, maybe a discount for $40 or 30, but not $60. I don't pay the same amount for a port if i already own it, it doesn't give enough incentive to get the port. It would have to have plenty more features that wasn't part of the original and meaningful purposes.

The interesting question i have is will Bayonetta 3 have dlc? Somehow they managed to make two games with no DLC at all. Nice job Platinum games. :)
Fair point about digital, but not everyone buys digital. Especially for the big games.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair point about digital, but not everyone buys digital. Especially for the big games.
Yeah, i get that. Is a sketchy situation, but least it gives people a chance to play the game when you can't find a disc copy. Pay $2000 on ebay for a unopened game from 3 years ago, or pay $30 for a digital copy?

It doesn't matter anyway, backups exist for reason. I'm not siding with piracy or anything but archiving games for all to have chance to experience I do support.... (sometimes, at reasonable prices)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-379826

With the Bayonetta creator recently announcing that he does indeed have plans for Bayonetta 3
Woaaaah. I have not heard about this! I love this series, a 3rd entry would be awesome! Is Nintendo allowing the game on Steam a distant dream?

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:o nice another N game that i could not play when it released because i could not be bothered o get a U; not that i have a switch though :P

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great news, I loved the first Bayonetta (played that bad port on the ps3)
I want to play the second one but I don't want to but a Wii U for only 5 a 6 games.
If this true, it is a must better solution and I really like Platinum Games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there